Facing The CEO Alpha

At first, Lilah said nothing. She followed her parents like an obedient dog until they walked out of the elevator. A single ding and they got to the fifth floor, where Asher's office was. Lilah's heart started beating so fast, that she was afraid to turn back at this point. It was too late. They might force her to tell the truth. Luckily, Asher hadn't arrived, so they sat at the reception, awaiting his arrival. Lilah just sat there, giving empty glances around for what seemed like an eternity. Her face burned with embarrassment. She felt so shy and intimidated but sat still.

Finally, Lilah heaved out heavily on her breath to break the silence.

"Coming here is a waste of time. Let's just go to the restaurant already. You both can call him on the phone later."

"Just shut up-" Benita was cut off by the ding of the elevator that opened up before them. "Oh, here he is."

A tangling sensation covered her skin as she saw Asher walk out of the elevator. She looked away in embarrassment as he walked his way towards them.

"Hello, Asher Rhys." Lilah's parents started with a sincere smile. An instant look of recognition appeared on their smiley faces.

"Good morning to you, Mr. and Mrs. Wulfric. It's an honor to have you here, this morning." He greeted me with a sudden politeness. It's been a while since Lilah last saw him like this. "Hope all is well?"

"Not really. We would like to see you in person. It's related to Lilah." Mrs Wulfric brought up.

"Oh, I see," Asher muttered, raking his eyes on Lilah irritatedly. "Come in. Let's discuss this in my office." Asher offered.

She could feel her heart racing as if it would pump out of her throat in the next minute. Lilah gazed at him with anger in her eyes, but Benita pulled her in. Lilah followed them along like a tag.

He offered them seats, and they sat on the executive chairs facing his marble table.

"Should I offer you anything?"

"No, don't worry." Benita smiled. "We are on our way to the restaurant."

"Why we came to see you is about Lilah's dismissal letter." Mr. Rafael brought it out of his khaki-colored trousers.

"We know she is at fault. It took a lot before I convinced her to resume work. We know she isn't exactly hardworking, but we are here to apologize on her behalf." Benita pleaded in a calm, motherly tone.

"Lilah is your junior sister, after all," Rafael added.

Lilah raised her gaze at Asher, and he gave her a scornful look. She just turned away, then to the ground, not saying anything.

"Mr and Mrs. Wulfric. You are just like my parents so, I respect you so much. If not for Asena's sudden death, you would have been my in-laws by now, but all the same. I care about Lilah like a brother would, but she's just not ready. I don't understand why she suddenly changed." Asher complained.

"Pardon her," Benita interrupted, giving her daughter a distant look. "For our sakes."

"Ugh!" he heaved out softly. "I've heard you. It pains me to know that Lilah would end up treating Sure West Communication like her playhouse but, I've heard. And as your son and the Alpha of our pack, I will accept her back if she writes an apology letter."

Lilah jerked up abruptly, screaming at the top of her lungs.

"What the... This isn't right!"

'They should have called him over instead of humiliating themselves like this!' When Lilah finally snapped out of the thought, her jaw dropped to the ground, speechlessly. She was never good at arguments but this was just out of it. She knew that wasn't the best answer to give, but that came up. Lilah couldn't even fathom what Asher just said. "I wouldn't write any apology letter!"