A Night With Asher

The rain like an invisible guard, generously platter the delivering of fate against the earth. Asher wrapped his hands around Lilah's waist, carrying her in a bridal style out of the scattered wedding event into his black Lexus LS car. Saving the love of his life from the rain spits.

“What? Where... Where are we going?” Lilah asked, confused.

It was the first time she was actually entering his car without being barked at. A vivid memory of last time played on her mind as she stared at him. Asher planted a kiss on her lips to shush her.

“Shhh!” He said once he broke the kiss, smirking. He gently arranged her white Cinderella dress, which is now looking like Moana’s. Closing the door behind before turning around into the driver’s seat. Lilah just sat and watched. He was unbelievable.

“Are you kidnapping me?” Her teeth chattered, and she placed a hand over her mouth.

Lilah couldn’t help to think that he was taking her to a hotel, maybe. Conan always did that anytime he wanted them away from their parents. Asher didn’t utter a word. The more curious she was, the curvier his smirk rippled in a grin. Lilah could have sworn that she caught a dimple in his chiseled face. Her orbital structured eyes sparkled in awe as she watch him drive into the dark night.

Asher drove her home to his mother. Amaya welcomed them whole-heartedly. And it surprised them to see Suzanne back.

"She begged me to let her work here since she heard that you two got back together." Amaya explained, wiping out the wetness of her eyes.

Her under-eye looked a little saggy from how she last remembered. Lilah knew she must have been worried sick about her son and all. Without second thoughts, Lilah held her into a tight hug, but Amaya replied with a smile. Cuddling herself in a shiver.

“I missed you so much, you have no idea. Right now, you really need a hot bath.” the words came out of Amaya with a shrug.

A loud sneeze whooshed out of Lilah and Asher at once.

“What really happened?” Amaya raised an eyebrow, giggling.

“Nothing, mum. You asked me to bring home our wife. That was what I did.”

Suzanne helped her into the room. They already prepared the bathtub with boiling water, red velvet roses and freshly scented liquid soaps hanging amidst the slanted moonbeam gazing through the opened window. She helped Lilah out of her gown and helped her with a towel.

“It’s nice to be back here. Really, you guys look perfect for each other.” Suzanne told her.

“There is no perfect, Suzanne. There will always be a struggle. I just picked who I want to struggle with.” She pointed out.

“Then you picked right, Luna.”

Lilah rolled her eyes with an exasperated sigh. She had always warned her not to call her that, but now, it’s difficult to object.

“Uh.. I’ll have to leave now.” Suzanne gave her timid stares, walking out of the room.

“How odd? Why is she still shy around me?” Lilah pondered.

Her fingers brushed through the thick strands of black hair. Amaya whispered into her son’s ears, and they pulled away in a small cackle.

"I’ll see you tomorrow, mum." Asher gave a quick goodnight kiss on her right cheek before climbing upstairs.

Amaya’s eyes sparkled as she stared at her son with more joyful tears. Knowing what she and Suzanne and planned in the bathroom before their arrival. She sniffed, wiping out the tears with her index finger. A satisfied grin of pride finally settled on her fine lips.