True Love

“Sorry for the disturbance. I thought he was an intruder.” Kelvin apologized before going back to his seat.

Eliana squat beside him.

“Are.. Are you alright?” She muttered calmly. Offering a hand to help, but he slapped her hand off aggressively.

Lilah went to meet Kelvin, asking him what hat happened. He explained things to her, gulping down the last drop of shot in the tiny glass cup.

“You should have done better, Eliana! I’m highly disappointed in you!”

“What?” Her lips muttered, puzzled at his point.

“Why do you abort the pregnancy without informing me?! Why do you do that and now you’re hooking up with another guy? Is that how you do it?” Jack recoiled in pain but got over it. Pulling against the wall to get up. Finally gaining stamina, bleeding and bruised.

“Don’t dare talk to me in that tune, okay? I treated you better. I saved your life the other day. Instead, you shot at me. Seeing it as fun... A magical beast, right? I didn’t even get a ‘thank you!’. After I told you I was pregnant and you knew, what did you do after then? Played a prank. You played a prank on me because I was a joke to you! Even when I asked you and pleaded for you to trust me and you didn't. You deserve more beatings!”

“But... Eliana.”

She faced him, closing her eyes.

“I love you... I wanted to tell you that.” A painful tear rolled down her left eye, and another followed. She sniffed it in, not to break down in front of him. A finger ran through her cheek, wiping off the tears, and she opened her eyes. Meeting him in a hateful glare. “And how do you know I aborted the pregnancy?”

“Your mum told me-“

She rushed to the table where Kelvin and Lilah were.

“It’s nice meeting you again, Kel. I’ll see you later!” Eliana dragged Lilah along with her. “Let’s go!”

“What’s happening?” Lilah jolted from her grip at once.

Jack interrupted. “Like the bloody human he is!”

“But why are you so mad?” Lilah asked, looking at the spot Eliana held her. It was red. Her grip was really tight.

Eliana ignored her question and barged out of the clubhouse.

“Eliana!” Jack, who was waiting outside, called after her. He held the bridge of his nose, moaning. Wanting to run, but leaped in pain.

“I said I love you. I trust you now.” He held back the tears. It made his red eyes redder.

“Well, I don’t! I don’t want to see you ever again, Jack! It’s over between us. Okay! You’ve hurt me so much and I’ve shed more tears, blood and sweat than you can ever imagine! No wolf-blood should ever go through so much in the name of loving a human like you, but you made me go through those moments, alone!” she spat. Climbing into the driver’s seat and kicking the engines.

Lilah followed her, slipping on the seat belt.

“Please-” Jack pleaded, holding onto the side window. Tapping on it repeatedly as she wind down. He held onto it with tears washing down his eyes. Leaning to the door for support. “I was stunned and crazy. I didn’t know what to do. Let’s talk things out.”

“I never want to see you again, Jack! There’s no point being with someone that don’t care. Someone as selfish and self-centered as you!” She kicked the car engines and revised back.