Facing Conan

Days Later...

Asher placed a hand over his mouth as he zoomed into his compound. As it is, he still lives with his single mother, Amaya, who is the pack’s Luna. She leaves the position for her son’s wife or whoever the moon goddess chooses to be the pack’s Luna.

“Hey, mum. You’re home.”

“Yes, dear. Welcome home.” She replied, and he walked upstairs, a little miffed about what he had done.

“Asher.” She called on him. “I want to see you for a minute. Please, come. Come and seat, we need to have a mother to son discussion.”

Asher rolled his eyes to the ceiling, letting out a tired sigh. He gave a bored gaze to his mother, sitting right next to her on the sofa.

Amaya turned to her son with serious eyes.

“Asher, I was thinking we should meet with the elders. And ask them to accompany us to Wulfric’s house. So we can properly ask her hand in marriage and also collect the list for your wedding preparations.”

Asher briefly pondered on her words.

“We need to do all the arrangements before her pregnancy shows. Uh?” She wore a pleading look, placing a comforting hand on his shoulder.

“Ugh...” Asher brushed his fingers through his raven black hair. “Mum, I can’t.”

“What?” She squinted her face, pulling closer to him. “You said, what?”

“I can’t. Mum, I can’t marry Lilah. I’m sorry. Even if I’m going to marry another woman, definitely not Asena’s sister. I don’t love that girl. I can’t.” He explained. Making his mum see reasons with him.

“My son. I know how much you loved Asena and still do. But what is done is done. Whether you can or you can’t, does it really matter now?” she paused, studying his stunned look.

“Please, just marry her... To take the shame off that family.” Amaya adjusted her hair, holding both his hands in hers.
“Asher, do you want to make Lilah a laughing thing in this territory? If you don’t marry her, they might me sent out of our park and go to only God knows where. Do you want Lilah alone to take consequences of both your actions, alone? You’re a good guy, don’t be wicked. She’s like family, anyway. We can use the diamond ring you wanted to give to Asena for her wedding to Lilah as her wedding ring. Okay?” She pleaded.

“Mum, is that the right thing to do?” His chapped lips gasped for air.

“Yes.” She convinced him. “All you have to do is to get prepared. We will settle everything.”

Asher looked down with his armed crossed.

Lilah was in her room, cleaning up her old closets. There were lots of books and photo albums. Checking them out reminded her so much about Asena, and she felt a little relieved. It’s been a while since she last cleaned up the place. It was a little stuffy, so she opened up the windows.

Her parents were at the restaurant. As if it, her mood was far from elated. Lilah’s mind wasn’t strong enough to face the customer’s whispering. She needs time alone at the moment. At least, to heal.

Going downstairs to the storeroom to take a broom, the living room door pulled open and Conan walked in.

A glance at him and the broomstick dropped off her grip. Lilah’s heart raced, feeling the heat in her chest as he moved closer.

“Lilah.” Conan’s lips quivered, his brown eyes concentrated on hers.

Wanting to disappear and hide, she suddenly dashed upstairs. Into her room and banged the door close. She locked it right away as her body trembled. Unable to face him again.