Epilogue

4 Years Later...

Lilah and Asher lived in a castle-like mansion beside a beach. It had everything; a kitchen, two living rooms, and four bedrooms. During the full moon, they wolfed out by the beach and transformed without being disturbed. The family played on the beach during evenings and their little mansion was a paradise. Lilah and Asher carried the kids from the sofa. The three-year-old twins were Asena and Conan. A red velvet rose dropped from Asena's grip as Lilah took her inside.

Lilah was in a filmy golden skirt and a lacy beaded top that dipped between her breasts. The golden light made her look fairer, while Asher was in simple pants and a dark grey singlet. Gently, the couple placed the kids in their beds, which were just a distance apart, in the same room.

Asena rolled over with a hand, scratching the corner of her sleepy brown eyes. "What about our bedtime story?" She asked amid a tired yawn.

"Not today, Sena. It's already late." Lilah's fingers fondled her raven-black hair.

"But yesterday, you promised to tell us today." Little Conan cut in with his most childish voice. He has raven black hair and Sapphire blue eyes, just like Lilah.

"Ugh! You kid!" She rolled her eyes, thinking of what story to tell.

"Mum, dad..." Asena raised in a cracky voice. "I want to ask a question."

"Okay," Lilah murmured.

"Why is it you have a framed picture of a strange lady next to your bed?"

"Oh, the beautiful lady with the rose?" Asher smiled, sitting next to Conan.

"Do you know her too? Was that grandma when she was young?" Conan bombarded him with the questions.

"That was..." They stopped and stared at themselves with a blush.

"You go first," Lilah told Asher, a little tensed.

"No, you'll explain better." He persuaded.

"Okay, fine." She faced the both of them with an exasperated breath. "That was Asena Wulfric. She's my late sister-a pure wolf. She gave me rose flowers till I got married to your dad?"

"Is that true?" Conan asked his dad, who was sitting closer to him. Asher faked a smile and nodded in agreement. He never knew Lilah got flowers.

"So, how was she related to you, dad?" Asena raised her eyes in curiosity, adjusting her pillow with wide-open eyes.

"It's a long story. Your mum and I will tell you the story tomorrow, okay?"

"Promise you won't forget!" The twins chorused at once.

"I promise," Asher mumbled, placing a kiss on Conan and Asena's forehead.

Asena stared at her mum with narrowed eyes.

"I promise to make it up to you." She rolled her eyes and kissed Asena and Conan in the same manner. The twins had a satisfying smile on before sleeping.

Lilah turned back to Asher. He held her hand interlocked in his as they walked to their bedroom. The big master-sized bed was as comforting as ocean waves. Above it was an expensive-looking chandelier with magnifying lights and silver decorations like the moon amidst the stars at night. Not too bright. Lilah changed into her nightwear and climbed the bed. Her fingers gently brushed over her dark curls, taking off the pins and placing them behind the bed shelf. Lilah pulled onto the bed properly, snuggling closer. Then she turned and hung her arms around Asher's neck.

"Did Asena give you roses?" Asher whispered. Moving her head to his pillow so her lips were only inches away from his.

"Yes," Lilah answered, lifting her left arm from beneath the sheet. She pulled closer to explain. "I always dreamt of her in pain then. I didn't get the chance to tell you because when I did... Well, you know what happened."

"You had so much burden on you and I failed to understand. Only if I knew." Asher found her hand, bringing it out from under the blanket they shared, and he planted a kiss on it. Their two hands intertwined with their golden rings, glinting in the moonlight that peeped through the glassy windows of the beautiful mansion.

Lilah returned the kiss to the back of his hand, too, staring at each other. Her fingers played with her wavy black hair, nervously. Staring at the glitter in his eyes with delicate pupils. Asher kissed her on her lips, feeling her mouth grow warm as her tongue teased along his lips.

"So, we wanted three kids and now, we would have one more." She heaved.

"No, I want two more." Asher deepened the kiss this time. Pressing his lips to hers, while his heart flourished with fulfilled happiness. "I loved you in this life and will love you in any other life. I love your companion, your humor, and the way you walk across the beach, shaking the sand off your toes as though you are still in your wolf form. When I am the reason for your laughter, I love to watch you laugh. Lilah, I love watching you sleep. You can never imagine how much I love you."

"I love you too, mate. You have no idea." Lilah replied with a suppressed laugh.

She knew with no uncertainty that her life would be filled with so much love and happiness. Lilah closed her eyes as sleep clouded her blurry vision.

Asher stared at Asena's photoed frame, facing him by the table stand. Although, he didn't dream of her like Lilah did or receive any flowers. He knew that wherever she was, she would be happy and satisfied. Asher closed his eyes, letting the sleep overtake him with his lips, only inches away from Lilah's forehead.

The night was cold and gentle, with the illuminant moon watching over the family like a fleeing ghost. Lilah and Asher slept with their arms wrapped around each other in love, comfort, and protection.

THE END

***

Appreciation.

Starting this story was a dream. It played in my mind like a movie. Well, today, it's a completed story. Thank you for reading and joining this team. Thank you for making my dream a reality.

-MadeenahJunaid