How It All Happened

Going through some documents in the study, Asher raised his thick eyebrows at the screen of his laptop. Thinking about what next to write... What to type.

'Tap! Tap!!'

A soft knock on the door caught his attention, and he looked up at it.

"Yes, who's that? Come in." He instructed, knowing it would either be Suzanne or his mum.

The door opened and Lilah walked in with a server and a cup of hot coffee. The way she used to serve him when she worked as his secretary. She had a red, tiered dress on.

"Oh, it's you." A small spread on his rugged face and it faded right away. "Take a seat." He offered. "You should have sent the maid."

"I wanted to see you myself." Lilah placed the coffee on the clear side of his table and sat in front of him.

"You look serious. Is everything alright?"

"Yes." He replied. "I'm just looking for the right theme for this project. Something simple and short."

"Let me see." Lilah cut in

"No... You shouldn't."

"Of course, I'm interested. You were once my boss, anyway. I might have an idea." She explained, and Asher turned his laptop at her.

"Umm... Why don't you use 'Be Extraordinary Beyond All Limits' or 'One Team, One Goal'? Something as simple as that would attract more customers."

"Wow, you're a genius! Why didn't I think of that earlier?"

"You can write differently for both and pick the best and most favorable." She added. Asher nodded positively at the idea.

'Knock! Knock!! Knock!!!'

The knock on the door interrupted. Asher looked up, thinking that it was his mum.

"Who's that?"

"It's me, Suzanne." Their maid replied from behind the door, waiting patiently for a reply.

Suzanne was an 18-year-old orphan fending for herself. Average height, slim, and tan-skinned. She had hazel-green eyes and light golden hair that was always parted in the middle. It was split into two French weaves. The pink apron on her gave her a baby look.

"Come in," Asher ordered, and she pulled the doorknob.

She shyly walked towards them and placed a tray of red apples on the table. Asher raised his eyes at her as he watched her while Lilah handed her the empty cup of coffee to take back into the kitchen.

"Why are you staring at her like that?"

"She's always acting shy around me. Don't you notice her trembling hands?" He told her.

"That's because you're an Alpha. She's wolf-blood, so she knows. Don't blame her." Lilah revealed.

"Is Suzanne an excellent maid?"

"Yes. She is diligent and loyal. I like her." Lilah replied, facing the laptop back to Asher. "You can continue your work now."

Asher saved the page and closed the system. It's the first time since they're having an excellent discussion. And Asher wanted to hear more from her.

"I will continue later. Let's chat."

"Chat!" she raised as if he just uttered a foreign word.

"Yes... Tell me more about yourself, Lilah. I know you studied business management and graduated from Vanier University two years ago. Tell me something I don't know about you." Asher walked to sit on a long, cotton-fur sofa in his study room. Join me." He offered, placing the tray of apples on the wooden table in front of him.