Walking Down The Aisle

It was a Friday evening. The day began as a whispering in the air. It had been beautiful and the sky was like a dome of plasma-blue. The clouds looked like airy anvils drifting under the gleaming disc of the sun. As the guests arrived, they took their seats respectively. The wedding took place by the side of the beach with white sand and blue water. The washing waves crashed gently toward where the chairs were arranged. A gentle breeze and a petrichor scent filled the air.

Red and pink roses with deep green leaves decorated the tables. The altar, made with four pillared structures, had red roses and pastel-colored balloons tied to it. The edge of the altar and entrance had scented burning candles in transparent glasses, planted between the bouquets which added glamor to the wedding reception.

From the décor to the catering, Eliana and Jessica, the event planner, took care of everything. The stationery, the cake, entertainment, the reception bar, and other essential styling elements needed for the wedding.

The ushers helped the guests as they walked in. With gentle music playing in the background, Lilah was in the dressing room. A sigh escaped her, watching the flowing white dress fall around. The dress was an off-shoulder ball gown, exhibiting thin silk threads, thoroughly embroidered with white lace, pearl beads, and sparkling stones at its finishing. Maria must have put her all to create such a beautiful wedding gown. Lilah lifted a hand to touch the necklace Conan got for her to wear. The jewelry set was a teardrop sapphire-blue diamond. He said he got it for her because it reminded him of her eyes.

Lilah’s six bridesmaids were her female friends from college and high school. Only Eliana and Rose were her work partners. They helped her with the finishing touches and a few strands fell out of her updo. Watching them work on her amazed her, she would soon be Mrs. Lilah Conan. She had dreamt of having his name to hers since she was seven. This was a dream come true.

Lilah realized they were done with her when they admired how she looked. Lilah still felt like herself, except for the white dress. Staring at the reflection in the mirror. Eliana entered, admiring how gorgeous she looked.

Her hair was perfectly curled against her face. The girls pushed two bobby pins by each side to keep her raven-black hair from feathering her face.

“Are you ready?” Eliana asked, and she gazed into the standing mirror at her reflection once again. 

“Yes, Elie.” She smiled, wiping away the pearl of tears hanging out each corner of her sapphire-blue eyes.

Her heavy eyes always looked bigger than her face, but she preferred it that way. With minimal nude makeup and no fake lashes. Just a fine line, sealing her minimal mascara and a raspberry-coloured lipstick. “Finally. I’m going to marry the man of my dreams.”

“I’m happy for you, Lee!” Eliana giggled, giving her a back hug.

Lilah smiled, still staring at herself in the mirror. She took three deep breaths, then a knock came at the door. Her guess was right. It was her dad, Rafael. It was time for her to walk down the aisle.

“Come in.” She requested.

“My daughter. Rafael muttered, entering the dressing room.”You look amazing."

“Excuse us,” Lilah said, and the girls blushed as they walked out. She stood up, turning to him. “You look beautiful. I wish Asena was here with us.”

“Yes, me too. But don’t worry, dad. I’ll make you proud. I promise. And I know, Asena is happy for us right now.” Lilah nibbled on her lips, holding back the tears.

“I want to tell you something, dear.”

“Yes, dad.”

“On my wedding, when I married your mother. We met a fortune teller. He told us we would have two beautiful daughters and one would be the Luna of Blue Moon pack.”