Life As Mrs. Asher

It was Monday morning. Conan paid Asher a visit to his workplace. He was busy, though; he managed. They needed to talk things out.

Halting at the parking lot, Conan strutted into Sure West communication. He had visited the place severally but the reason he was visiting now was a distinct case, entirely.

The glass door pulled opened and Canon walked in. Asher felt eyes on him and looked up. He saw Conan staring at him with a devil’s glare.

“Why are you this wicked?” Conan started, making Asher startled at how he entered.

“You’re like a friend to me. We are business partners. You are very handsome. You could have any woman in the world but you choose Lilah. A woman I’ve loved with my heart and soul. I thought of you as a gentleman, but was Asena not enough for you? And you went for her sister.”

Asher smacked his palm against his forehead, lowering his head with a straight mouth. Then he turned up at his beta with his chin up.

“Look, Conan. I understand that you’re saddened. Trust me, I never planned for this. This was all a mistake. None of this was supposed to happen. I mean... I already met my mate, and we were just about to get married when she passed. And out of all women, Lilah was the last I would have considered marrying. Why would I marry my mate’s sister? I don’t want to cause enmity between us, so please, let go of the past. Like I said, Asena is the only woman that I ever loved. Lilah and I are just together for the baby’s sake.”

“You want me to believe that?” He raised an eyebrow in doubt.

“You want me to believe that it wasn’t planned?” He heaved on his breath, clenching on his teeth. “You’re very lucky. You’re a lucky man. Every werewolf would fight to be in your position right now, especially me but, I won’t fight you. You are with the woman I consider being the most amazing woman on earth. Gentle, kind, and passionate.”

Asher glanced sideways. His face gave a sour expression, knowing how much Conan still cared.

“Yes, she is.” Conan added, and Asher rolled his eyes at him. “God knows I so much wanted her for myself. She was my strength and best friend. But you took that away from me.” Conan gave him a frank glare, nodding positively with tight lips. “I’ll leave you both to your conscience.”

He wore a cynical stare at Asher before dashing out of his office. Hurt by his words, Asher watched him leave. This was getting out of hand. He never expected to be in such a position, ever.

Lost in thoughts, Lilah sat at the balcony. Leaning on the swing chair with her hand placed under her cheeks. She stared at up at nothingness and tears washed down her eyes.

“Lilah...” Anaya called, looking for her new daughter-in-law to gist with.

“Lilah!!” she called again, checking her room and toilet, but she was nowhere to be found.

“Oh God! Where has she gone to?” Amaya frightened, knowing she’s lonely most of the time. Stretching at the balcony, her eyebrows pulled up in unison, forming a frown. Lilah looked gloomy and absent minded. It glued her eyes to the sky and tears were flowing out of it.

“Lilah!!!... Lilah!!!” She tapped her shoulder, and she jolted at once.

“Oh, mum.” Lilah placed a hand on her chest, staring at her with wide eyes.

“Why are you sitting here, crying?” Her mother-in-law squinted her eyes, looking more worried.

“No... I’m not crying.” She lied, wiping out the tears right away. “I’m fine.”