Conclusions

“What happened yesterday?” Alpha King Wilde, who attended the wedding, brought up at the were pack meeting. It took place in a conference hall where the guests stayed. Asher and Conan stared at their feet with steady eyes. Unable to say anything.

“Can someone speak up, please? I just asked a question-”

The enormous doors flung open and Lilah rushed in with heavy breaths, distracting them. The members of the pack and other executives who they disappointed about the wedding event almost pulled out of their seats. She was the one, the bride. They recognized her from yesterday. Lilah held her unsteady breaths, taking a halt between Conan and Asher.

“It’s my fault, sir... I was confused.”

“Confused?” he repeated with an exasperated sigh.

Not knowing that Eliana and Jack were in the hall. She could see the fresh mark on her nape and wanted to meet Lilah to get the full gist. Jack pulled her back, not wanting to interfere.

“Yes. It just happened that Conan wasn’t my destined mate.”

Conan took a glimpse of Lilah. She replied with a tight-lipped smile.

“Is that true, beta of Blue Moon pack?”

“Yes, sir.” He replied, facing the Alpha king. “But what happened yesterday shouldn’t have? It was evitable, yet I pushed it. I’ll accept the consequences, sir?”

“No, I stopped the wedding. I should be punished, my lord.” Asher cut in, prostrating in the same manner.

Lilah looked in his direction and her fingers sprayed the spot where he marked her the night before. The energetic way he handled her throughout the night played through, making her cheek heat but her hormones took over. Lilah ended up glancing at the floor.

The board members kept quiet, staring at them awkwardly. It was difficult to decide whether to push them or just let go.

“Good! Then both of you are dismissed. Go to the wilds of Canada and start a new life there!” The Alpha King finalized.

“No, no, no! You’re mistaken, your highness! I am the one at fault here not them!” Her lips trembled slightly at the words.

Lilah couldn’t imagine Conan leaving his oil company all for her sake. It would shatter his family’s legacy. He would have to start from scratch wherever he’s posted. The same goes for Asher. She would forever blame herself if he lost his communication company. She might start a new life with him, leaving her family behind, but it won’t be fair to Asher. Lilah didn’t want any of that. Her knees dropped to the ground as she placed both palms on the floor. Her head dropped in resignation as tears trickled down her eyes.

“Please, Alpha king. Reconsider...” Her voice trembled, and the collected tears in her eyelashes made it difficult for her to see.

“You are lucky, a young wolf, to have the Alpha and his beta at your side. It would be unfair of me to dispose the both of them like this. This would be the last warning. Any trouble arises from the both of them or any misunderstanding. You’ll be transferred to the wilds of Canada.” The Alpha king warned.

“Agreed, Your Highness.” She raised her teary eyes with a smile. The Alpha king wades his hand, signaling them to go.

“Excuse us,” Lilah told herself when they stepped out and Asher heard. She was referring to him.

“What? What business do you still have with him?” He pulled her arm to his side, and she jerked off. Speaking in clearer terms this time.

“It’s only going to take a minute, okay?” she rolled her eyes at him, not giving him full details.