Do You Still Love To Marry Me?

Asher took a deep breath. Staring at the plate of buttermilk pancake, syrup and strawberry placed in front if him by Suzanne. She bowed respectfully, noticing her boss was off minded. She served with a fake smile and then left. Asher didn’t even notice.

It has been minutes since he sat there, staring at the empty ceiling. In the silence, he could hear Lilah’s voice... She saying they weren’t meant to be. She saying they were so wrong for each other, and the way she cried at the hospital. That was the last memory he had for her. Asher shook his head, throwing one last glance at the food in front of him. His brown eyes fixed as if he’d lost everything.

Amaya walked in, realizing that her son was just staring at his food. Her slim, soft, angled eyebrows furrowed in unison as she watched him closely. Asher didn’t move a flinch. She snapped her fingers to his face.

Asher’s eyes widened in surprise but quickly recovered from it as a soft hiss escaped his lips. Waking into reality, he wiped out his dull looking eyes and looked at his mum. Then he turned away. Uninterested in whatever she had to say.

Amaya wore a look of guilt as she opened the served food. It was untouched... Her jaws dropped in surprise.

“Why haven’t you eaten your food?” She brought up.

Asher turned away.

“My dear, you can’t continue like this.” She pressed, placing a hand across his built shoulders, but he shrugged her hand off.

Amaya scowled at him with pouted lips, studying his moody attitude. She knew it pissed him and he won’t talk about it.

Asher made a face, looking all sullen at her disturbing presence.

“Look, sometimes you must hurt in order to know, fall in order to grow, lose in order to gain because life’s greatest lessons are learned through pain. Asher, you need to stop starving. It won’t bring back the baby. You need to move on.” Amaya paused and knitted a brow at him. “Or do you miss Lilah?”

He raised his gaze to his mother. “No... Why would you say a thing like that? I don’t miss her.” Asher confessed. “Not at all. I just hate the fact that despite everything, we lost the baby.”
Asher emphasized on the last word, scrunching his straight nose.

“Uh...” Amaya inhaled. Folding her arms on her chest, it gave a heated sensation. She could feel his pains by just staring at her son. “I am your mother. You can’t just lie to me. I’m not a kid. Go get your wife back.”

“But mum, that’s not the issue.” Asher glared at his mother and pointed out. “Lilah and I were never meant to be. I am still not over Asena and I’m sure she’s still in love with Conan. Lilah never accepted me, she never would.”

Amaya rolled her eyes vividly at Asher and nodded negatively at his words, taking a seat right next to him. “Hmm... If you say so. Just eat your food, huh? Before it gets cold.”

“I’ll eat.”

“I want to see you eating.” She pressed, quirking en eyebrow. “Or should I feed you?”

“I’ll eat, mum. I’ll eat.” Asher grinned and rolled his eyes at her attempts while she wore a wide, toothy smile. He knew his mum just wouldn’t let him ponder in peace. She won’t let him rest until he eats.

“You remind me a lot about your dad. He’s always adamant to whatever he sets his mind on.” Amaya joked at his stern face. “It’s been just a week since she left and your eyeballs are like that of a well. You’re looking so slim... Eat, okay?” she pressed once more.

Asher stifled a laugh, shaking his head. He had no choice than to pick up the clean fork and started devouring the meal.

Lilah dressed in a pink, one shouldered dress and a black wedge sandals. Her achromatic, wavy hair danced at her back as she stepped out of a grocery store along the street. With two brown shopping bags at hand, Lilah jumped into her mum’s car she took out. Throwing the luggage at the back seat, Lilah sat comfortably in the driver’s seat and started the car engine. She turned the staring wheels out of the parking lot  and drove onto the empty road.