You Stole Your Sister's Mate

It was Monday morning. Lilah was preparing for work when she realized she hadn’t seen her dad that morning.

“Where is dad?”

“He went out early this morning. Probably to visit an old friend. I do not know.” Benita replied to her daughter before preparing for the restaurant.

Meanwhile, Rafael ventured into a tall skyscraper. It was the head office of Jordan company, one of the best oil producing company in the country. Heading over to the receptionist, Rafael gently tapped on her desk.

The lady looked up at him with a dashing smile. She had green hazel eyes and light blonde hair.

“Hello Miss Rose. Is your boss in?” he muttered to the pretty receptionist as a smile spread across her oval face.

“Yes sir. Do you have an appointment with him?”

“No, but I just need to glimpse him.”

“Okay then. You can go into the last office at your right.” she instructed.

“Thanks.” Rafael blinked an eye at her and she blushed. Rose knew who he was. She was also wolf-blood.

Jordan company is mainly a werewolf company but not everyone knows. Conan’s father, Remi, found it in 1859. He managed it well before passing on, ten years ago. Only the wolf-bloods knew Remi’s actual age. And Rafael was lucky to be close to such a prominent person.

Knocking on the CEO’s door, Rafael waited for his response.

“Come in.” A deep voice invited from the office.

Rafael stepped in, closing the door from behind.

“Hello father-in-law.” Conan dropped the file on his hand. “Please take a seat.” He gestured Mr. Wulfric to seat on one if the seats in front of his desk. “What a pleasant surprise to see you this morning.”

Feeling welcomed, a pleasant smile spread across Rafael’s lips as he took a seat.

“Oh, Conan. It’s been a while.” Rafael started.

“Yes, I’ve been so occupied lately.” Conan explained. “How’s the family and business?”

“Fine, thank you. But... You know, I’m a man of integrity.” Rafael replied his smile with a serious face. “Something has been bothering me. As you know, I’m highly respected in our territory.”

“Yes, sir.” Conan nodded in understanding

“I know I’m not wealthy enough, but I’m blessed with a happy home and I am well respected. I want nothing that would spoil the home and integrity that I suffered to build.”

Conan focused more on Rafael’s words, yet he was patient enough to listen.

“Do you understand?”

“Of course.” He nodded in agreement.

“Good. I’ve always known you to be a very responsible man. To be an honoured beta of our pack by the moon goddesses, is a rare blessing. You are industrious and financially buoyant in this territory, which is an admirable thing. People know you don’t soil your hands and there are certain things you don’t get involved in. How long have you met my daughter now?”

“Its been sixteen years.”

“Sixteen years. Even after you found your mate, you still waited. I guess it’s for Asena’s sake.” Rafael pointed out, focusing on Conan. “That’s why I am proud of you as the beta of our pack and my soon-to-be son-in-law. I endorsed your relationship with my daughter but that I am highly disappointed in you and Lilah.”