Exposed Secret

A loud kick against the door and the gates fell open. Mr. Wulfric barged into the Rhys compound. Parking his car with a loud screech, He stepped down along with his wife and daughter.

It surprised the guards to see what was going on. 'Was he chased?' They pulled back in dismay.

"Where is he?!" A masculine voice thundered.

Asher came out of his room into the living room, stunned at Mr. Wulfric's action. They were close to an extent. Why the misunderstanding?

"We don't need understanding because you are a chameleon! A reptile!"

"What are you talking about?" Asher looked more puzzled.

"You mean you don't know? The gods made us half human, half beast. But it seems you're completely a beast because how can one be two-faced?"

"But father-in-law, we don't quarrel the last time we met. We had an understanding." Asher made it clear.

"Don't call me father-in-law! I'm not interested in being your father-in-law."

Just then, Amaya Rhys, Asher's mother, stepped into the living room. She was having a nap in her room when she heard the noise.

"Mr. Wulfric, what happened? You sound so disturbed?" Amaya frowned.

"I came to report your son to you, Mrs. Rhys!"

She looked confused at both of them. Then Benita and Lilah calmly walked in.

"What happened?" She asked Asher, and she gave an empty look. "I do not know."

"Asher claimed he loved Asena, my daughter. And barely a few months after she died, you went to lie with her sister and got her pregnant!"

"Ah!" Amaya exclaimed, placing a hand on her head in confusion. "Oh my God! How did that happen?!"

"Ask your son!" Rafael snapped at her. Pissed at both of them.

Asher turned to Lilah who was still behind her mum, and she looked away. His heart shattered at the news. But he realized she was holding the tears back. She must have cried a lot by the redness of her face.

"Do you sleep with Lilah? Tell me it's a lie! Knowing the position you hold within this territory! How do you expect others to react?"

"It.... It was a mistake." He tried explaining, but Rafael cut into his words aggressively.

"Don't tell me it was a mistake! I trusted you, knowing you were a good leader in our pack. You are someone of honor, but you've brought shame and disgrace to my family. You don't deserve any respect.... All I want is for you to make the proper rites. Marry her and take this shame off our faces!" He hissed and turned his back to him. Leaving in disappointment.

"What you did was wrong... Who would have thought that you would have been so heartless? I'm leaving this case to you, Mrs Rhys. What would you have done in my position?" Benita asked before walking away with her husband.

Lilah stood there, lost for words. She looked up at Asher and a solemn tear rolled down her eyes. As if she wanted to say something. It still pissed her about how he humiliated her in front of her parents a month ago.

And now, this.

"Lilah!" Benita turned back to her daughter. Let us go. "Or do you want to marry him already?"

She nodded her head negatively and looked at both mother and son before walking away with her parents.

"What have you done?" His mum gestured with open arms and a plastered face. A lot was going through her mind at that moment.