Jack!

'Ping-pong! Ping-pong!!'

A short, non-repeating sound came up, and Eliana saw a message. It was from Jack.

'Hey! A crazy man broke into my house today didn't want to tell him where you lived, but he made me. Please don't come over or go to sleep at home today.'

'What?' Her smile dropped as she texted him back, right away.

'I shot him in the head. He wouldn't even die. He looked like a zombie with fangs and now he's after me.' Jack replied to her text in a minute.

'Jack... where are you?! You're freaking me out!'

Impatiently waiting for his reply, her ringing tone interrupted. With the thought of Jack, she saw the caller-Sweet Mum.

"Ugh!" She cut the call in frustration. "Why would she call at this time? Who could this stranger be? A Vampire?" Eliana's trembling fingers dialed Jack's contact.

'What the fuck? Pick up the damn call!' she hissed abruptly and scratched her rough, blonde hair. Pondering over the thought. 'They can't attack. Asher would have sent a warning.'

'Ring-Ring-Ring!'

It was another call from Maria. Eliana picked up the call and abruptly placed the phone over an ear. "I'm busy now. I'll call you back!"

She ended the call before her mum could even mutter hello.

Looking around, Eliana caught the weird stares of other customers. She was in the middle of an eatery, taking breakfast. Eliana rolled her eyes at them with an exasperated sigh.

'How annoying?!' she grabbed her denim jacket. She placed an amount on the table while putting it on and storming out of the building.

Looking at her white Lexus Jeep, Eliana realized how useless it was to rent one. She ran into the streets, to catch his scent, which wasn't even there. Adrenaline coursed through her veins as she struggled. Eliana hard to control her irregular breathing. Her feet pounded across the road as her lungs strained.

A thin layer of sweat covered her nape, and she quickly wiped it out. Running towards the woods. 'Yes, the woods.'

She could feel his presence there.

The cold air bit into Eliana's lungs as she hurried towards the direction. She darted past people, buildings, and trees. Gut-wrenching, heart pumping - after several thrusts forward her legs became tired. At this great speed, Eliana could barely see a few feet ahead of her. Then she paused. Her hands and legs flung at the movement the moment her sharp sight saw his car.

He parked the beetle-like Volkswagen by the side of the road. Its engines were still on and the front door to the driver's seat was left open.

"What the heck?!" Eliana placed a hand on her head, knowing that he wasn't there. "They must have trapped him."

Eliana deepened a hand into the pocket of her denim jacket and brought out her phone. Swallowing down the hysteria in her chest, she called Lilah's number.

"Hello..."

"Look, I need your help right now! I'm in trouble, I don't know what to do... Who to call!" Eliana stormed, puzzled at the situation.

"What happened? Are you okay?!" Lilah pulled up from her bed, trying to connect the dots.

"He sent a message. I think Jack is in trouble. They might kidnap him... I don't know. I can't even pick up his scent!" Eliana stuttered the words, trying not to panic.