What An Idiot!

“No!” His hands held her head up. Her confession came as a sudden shock. “I didn’t hear you clearly. Talk to me!”

“I... I, I said.”

‘Vroom!’ A series of tiny explosion popped from the crackling fire.
The fire roared at them and Jack realized that the room was burning. Looking back at Eliana, she passed out.

His widened eyes froze at her. A solemn tear rolled out of the corner of Eliana’s eyes as the wound on her forehead suddenly closed.

‘She’s... She’s self-healing.’ Jack gasped with burning agog in his eyes.

All sounds stopped. No papers rustled; no glasses shattered.

Her stiff hands dropped, and he quickly swiped her off the chilly ground. Carrying her in a bridal style, out of the smokey room. His hot breath made condensation in the early morning air. It was already dawn.

With the bags of money at hand, Jack threw his hat on from the back seat of his car. It held a golden star tag in the middle of it. Placing Eliana to rest properly. He threw his body his manly body to the driver’s seat and stormed out of the motel. The entire building caught up in a roar of fire. Burning down like a piece of rumbling paper.

Later in the morning, Jack was boiling coffee in his kitchen when he heard her sigh.

“Oh, my head hurts... where am I?”

“Shh... Don’t talk, just relax.” His voice came calmly.

“You... Who are you exactly, Jack? And where am I?” Her hoarse voice came in a soft whisper.

“I’m the new elected Sheriff, Eliana. You’re in my house.” She looked around, a little relieved.

“You passed out. I wanted to take you to the hospital, but you regained your breathe.” He explained.

“Oh, Sheriff.… Sheriff smoking weed?” she tried to smile, but her smile died with a groan of pain.

“You should rest.” Jack persuaded, placing a hand of comfort over her shoulder. She leaned to him for support and closed her eyes. Trying to remember what happened to her, but it came in a blur.

“Just get me water. I’ll be fine.” Eliana muttered as she rested her back on the pillow. Jack didn’t lift his face, but his eyes met a wince of her smile.

Jack sat with Eliana and fed her breakfast. He noticed the wounds on her body were healed right before she passed out. Going to the hospital was of no need. Eliana passed out because if the fire. She didn’t know if he got her confession right, but he dropped her home by noon. He also promised to check on her with time.

***

Lilah met herself in a beautiful garden. She sat under an orange brown oak tree then she caught the view of Asena as she walked up to her.

Lilah sniffed with regret in her eyes. Looking at the frown on Asena’s face made her lips tremble.

“I’m so sorry.” Lilah started. She swallowed on her tears that rolled. “I’m truly sorry.”

Asena lifted an eyebrow with seriousness in her eyes. “There’s nothing to be sorry about.” As if pissed about something, then a small smile brightened up her face.

“How I hate to see you sad? Come here.” Asena pulled her close, and they hugged each other.

Lilah held onto her sister’s icy body. She could feel her, as if it were real. As she closed her eyes, Asena’s warmth made her remember how often they hug. And her troubled heart calmed. Asena pulled out of the hug as they held hands. Asena's smile was a rose on her lips. Lilah stared at her sister and she tried smiling, but it was difficult. Asena chuckled at the look on her Lilah’s fade, and Lilah smiled. The sound of her chuckle was as soft as the air. Lilah smiled back and sniffed again.

“I miss you.” Asena wiped out the hanging tears on Lilah’s flushed cheeks. “I miss you so much.”

“I miss you too.”

Asena hugged her once again, and they slowly pulled apart. “I want you to be happy. You deserve so much happiness. And finally, you’re going to get married.” Asena brought up, pulling out a smile from Lilah’s cherry lips.

“Thank you. I know you will always be by my side. I have nothing to worry about.” Asena held her hand, and they chuckled shyly at themselves.

Just then, a feather touch swung by Lilah’s face as she woke into reality. It was the gentle morning air. Her blue eyes slowly opened to a red velvet rose in front of her and she felt the tears in her eyes. Lilah wiped her face vividly and picked up the rose. Perceiving it made her remember the dream.

‘It was a beautiful one, Asena smiled. She’s happy with me.’ Lilah pondered while she blushed at herself.

‘Ring-Ring-Ring!’

Lilah quickly dialed a contact with her mobile phone. “So, how was it?” She buzzed Eliana to hear from her.

“I met him, Lilah! At the club. We had a conversation… I tracked him down with his suspension personality. Yesterday was a puzzle. I don’t remember everything, but I told him. I think he’s fine with it?”

“What? You told him you’re a werewolf? Are you crazy?” Lilah glared over the phone.

“Come on, he needs to know. I transformed in front of him.” A bored yawn escaped Eliana’s lips.

“Are you for genuine right now?! You wolfed out in front of a fucking human?!” Lilah shrieked. “This is unbelievable!”

“Stop saying it like that. He’s a safe person to be around. Now I know, Jack Ericsson is a Sheriff. We exchanged contacts.”

“What if he reports to the Media? Publicize what he witnessed? Our territory would be at risk, don’t you think? What if he spills the bean? Would it be worth it?”

“Calm down, baby girl. Jack won’t do such, okay? I trust him.” Eliana sat up in her bed.

Lilah immediately cut the call, frustrated.

“What an idiot! Ugh!” She exhaled, trying to calm herself down. “How can Elie reveal herself to a human just like that, knowing the consequences that follow?”

Lilah placed a hand on her forehead. Thinking clearly.

‘What really happened to Eliana? I’ll have to check on her. My wedding is in a month's time. Asena seems happy, and that is enough for me. Why am I so worked up?’

 Why am I so worked up?’