A Mate For Comfort

After she got up, Lilah took a bath and changed her outfit into a simple, A-lined dress. Back to bed, she placed the letter on the bed table under the table lamp.

It was stressful going out again. The thoughts about what happened today flamed through her mind, she gazed at the framed picture standing on the bed table. It was of Asena. Only if she was alive, probably none of these would have happened. Yes, they were different, but not completely different from each other. There wasn't a time when they argued. Asena was very caring and understanding. Asher feels like the opposite.

'He's showing his true colors, anyway.' Lilah wiped out the tears lingering on the side of her eyes. She sniffed gently and grabbed her phone to read.

Lilah loves reading. Apart from learning, and gaining knowledge from research, she gagainsleasures of escaping reality, becoming immersed in another world, and the enjoyment from using her imagination. Lilah clicked on the Reddit app, one of her favorite e-book sites. Reading her favorite genres, which are 'Possessive Alpha Mate novels', seems cheesy and faked compared to reality, but it made her hopeful.

After a while, Conan sent a message. It popped on her phone screen and she immediately slid through it. It was a funny bunny kiss sticker he sent. Lilah smiled at it, replying with another bunny receiving the kiss and passing out.

"Where are you?" He asked.

"At home."

"Shouldn't you be at work? You said you were going to work today, right?"

"Yes, I did. I just came back because I was having a terrible headache." She explained, sending a sad emoji.

"Aw! Sorry about that. Should I come over?"

"Umm... Yes." she controlled the heap of anxiety growing in her. "We could just go for a stroll tonight. I'd love to tell you something."

"Okay. I'll be at yours by 9:00 p.m."

"Yeah. See you later, then." She smiled before pressing the end call button.

The thought of opening up to Conan might be helpful. Lilah needed a friend to open up to. Eliana might not take it in. Perhaps nobody should be close to a wolf-blood like his or her own mate.

Later that evening, Benita and Rafael came back from the restaurant. Her mum walked up to her room and asked why she didn't come over to help them in the kitchen. She complained she had a headache, so she left work early. Hiding the truth from her parents, especially her mum, was a tough decision. Lilah knew that she would have to tell them at some point, but not now. She needed a backup plan.

A black Honda Civic sedan packed up right in front of the Wulfric's mansion. Conan hurried to the door, ringing the doorbell.

Benita replied as she welcomed him in.

"Good evening, ma'am. How work and family?"

"Fine, thank you. How's Jordan Company doing as well?"

"Fine," Conan replied with a small smile. "Is my Lilah inside?"

"Yes, dear." She replied to him. "Would you like to sit while I call her or?"

"I'd like to check on her myself." He smiled and Mrs. Wulfric raised her head in defeat.

A small smile lit up Conan's face as he walked upstairs. Gently tapping on her door, Lilah opened it. A hand covered her dull face. She'd been sleeping all day.

"You look so moody. Is everything alright?" Conan asked, taking a seat on her soft bed. Lilah closed the book she was reading, placing it under her pillow.