Would He?

Conan held her, placing a comforting hand on her shoulder. Lilah's vision turned blurry as painful tears trickled down her red face. She just held onto her mate's shoulders as he comforted her.

"It's okay, dear. You just need to rest. I don't think he's over Asena yet, but this is bad. Have you told your parents about it?"

"No, not yet."

"Don't cover up for him. They need to know, eventually. Before matters get worse. Anyway, I hope it doesn't." Conan advised with worry written all over his face. "Don't forget, you'll always have a position in my company if you change your mind."

He gently laid her back to bed, placing her head on the pillow. Lilah's eyes focused on his as if staring at him gave her contentment.

Conan held onto her cheeks as his thumb wiped away her lingering tears. And leaned next to her on the bed. Then he planted a kiss on her forehead and watched her with passionate eyes.

"Don't worry, mate. After every difficulty is ease." He whispered, watching sleep over to take her like a cooing child. Lilah's sleepy eyes closed and Conan held onto her hands.

'I wish to marry you, mate. To lift this burden off you.' he ended the thought with a kiss on her knuckles and smiled at her sleepy face. Lilah's breathing whizzed softly as she slept.

Looking at his phone's screen, it was already 11:59 p.m.

"Good night now." Conan stood up and walked out of her room.

About to go out, he met Benita in the living room. As if she was asleep, but she wasn't. She just laid on the sofa, in the darkness.

"You're leaving already?"

Conan startled at her direction, faking a small smile. "It's already late."

"I realized..." Benita replied to him in the same manner, sitting upright on the sofa. "Can we have a discussion?"

"Yeah, of course." Conan walked back to her, sitting next to Mrs. Wulfric on the sofa. It took a while before they discussed, after which he hurried out of the Wulfric's mansion.

Later that night, Conan stepped into his black Honda Civic sedan, screeching into the cloud of darkness.

The following morning, Lilah walked out of her room with her arms stretched out like that of a lazy cat. One stared at her and one would notice the black bags under her eyes.

"Good morning, mum." She started. Taking a glance at her mum in the kitchen. "Morning, dear." Benita walked up to her.

"Your eyes are swollen. Are you sure you slept well?"

"I'm fine, mum." She rolled her eyes out of frustration.

"Are you going to work today?" Benita asked with strictness in her voice.

"No, I don't feel like. I just want to stay home."

"Are you sick?" Benita walked up to her daughter, placing a palm against her forehead, but Lilah flinched.

"I just want to be alone for today. Please!"

"Let's go to the restaurant. You'll be back by noon."

"I just told you I don't feel like it."

"You've got no choice, little cub. And shouldn't you be at work today? I thought you resumed." Benita raised an eyebrow.

Tired of her morning lectures, Lilah stormed into her room and slammed the door in Benita's face.

Lilah hissed in her mind and jumped back to the bed.

'It's annoying knowing that Mum is still on my case. Not a baby, I'm 23. I'm a wolf now, not a cub, but mother won't understand. I can't even decide to take a day off without facing her endless torture!'

'Tap! Tap! Tap!'

A knock came again on her door.

"I won't let you sit at home doing nothing, okay? Get prepared, we are going to the restaurant together!" Benita hollered before walking away.

Out of frustration, Lilah stepped into the bathroom, took a shower, and prepared to go with her parents to their workplace.

Lilah packed her blue-black hair in a high ponytail butting on a simple white A-line dress and black clog heels, not bothering to look at herself in the mirror. Wearing makeup is of no use, Lilah didn't feel the need for it.

"Oh my God, can't you power your face, at least?!" Benita brought up, a little horrified about Lilah's look. Her dress and hair looked rough.

"Let's just go, mum. I'm not going for a fashion show!" She jumped to the back seat, still pissed up.

Her mum pressed her lips with a light frown as they got into the family car. Rafael drove onto the empty road.

Suddenly, Lilah realized they weren't driving in the restaurant's direction.

'Maybe they planned to go somewhere first.' Lilah thought, sitting calmly in the passenger's seat until her dad swerved towards Sure West company and packed at the packing lot.

"Mum! Dad!" Lilah turned to her parents with furrowed eyebrows. "What the hell are we doing here?!"

"Conan and I had a chat last night, little cub. I snuck into your room and checked your bed. You dropped off the letter beside your pillow. I know Asher fired you so, don't lie or pretend. You wouldn't tell us, anyway."

"How would you, mum?! My room is my privacy! Stop interfering."

"Just follow us." Rafael cut in. "Let's settle this right away."

They hurried inside the gigantic building while Lilah dragged her legs after them.

And just at that moment, Lilah tried hard not to picture herself facing Asher that morning. The more she tried to push the feelings away, the more frustrated she became. Lilah wasn't sure what was going to happen when she met him, but he wouldn't expose their little secret.

'Would he?'