An Outing

Lilah dressed Eliana in a beautiful light-azure coloured, bodycon dress with black high heels. The garment fitted her well, showing off her hourglass figure, and also comforting enough to enjoy the night. Eliana hung a crossbody bag with her phone, wallet, and ID in it.

Even though Lilah chooses the dress from her wardrobe for her, it’s still something she would have picked out. Lilah, too, dressed in a similar style. She jumped into a pastel-shade, flared pants and a black leather crop top. With a soft millennial-pink clutch purse at hand. They piled their hair up in a fancy hairdo with pastel -coloured dangling earrings hanging at the sides of their ears.

“I’ll drive!” Lilah suggested.

It’s the first time driving Eliana’s white jeep. With music booming out of the speakers, the girls jumped into the seats. Driving onto the busy road.

After a few minutes, the vehicle came to a halt in front of the Stunner Club. It’s one of the biggest club in Florida, unlike fox club where Jack normally goes. Eliana was sure that she won’t bump into him, here.

They arrived at the venue around 9:30 p.m. that evening. Rock music was blaring out of the two-storey building. They built it with glass, like a box instead of bricks. With colorful flowers hanging around the place. Glancing through, Eliana’s eyes caught a dozen of pretty girls in their teenage, mostly naked.

There were people talking and giggling around. Some guys were burning sticks of cigarettes while others were drunk and still drinking. They filled the place up with tons of people and the atmosphere was busy as well. There was disco-light hung at the four corners of the ceiling and a huge hitting call in the middle of it.

“Ladies!” a masculine voice called from behind. They turned back at once. It was a guy seated on a tall stool by the bartender’s desk.

“Omg, Kel!” Eliana clutched a hand over her face in surprise.

A glance of recognition laced her eyes as she turned to him. It was a man around their age. He has a scruffy black beard meeting his curly hair. Lilah looked lost. He was a stranger to her.

“Kelvin Hunt! Is this really you?” Eliana eyes widened as she joyfully sprinted to give him a tight hug.

She wrapped her arms around his shoulders, and he held her slightly by the waist. Kelvin was built and tall. Eliana perceived the scent of his cologne and his natural aura of sandalwood reminded her of childhood memories.

“Where have you been all this while?” He gently pulled out of the hug at once, his eyes meeting with Lilah.

“Around! I should be the one asking you that. Anyway, meet my best friend, Lilah Wulfric. Lilah, this is Kelvin Hunt. My childhood friend.” Eliana introduced.

“Nice to meet you.” The rug-faced man with olive skin offered a handshake.

“Nice to meet you, too.” Her glittering eyes met the corner of his lips that gently lifted.

The wrinkles around his eyes showed he smiles a lot. Kelvin’s hand was a little cold from the wineglass in front of his, but his smile was warm. They shook hands briefly, and he offered the both of them a seat by the connubia facing the bartender’s table.

“You girls are looking splendid!” He remarked.

“Thank you. So, how’s business and all? How are you, your wife and... Kids?” Eliana asked.

“Um... Truth is, there are no kids.” His smile slowly faded. “I lost my mate in a car accident a year after our wedding. She was heavily pregnant with our first child, but I lost the both of them.” Kelvin explained in a flat tone, signalling the bartender to fill their cups.