Jack Meets Eliana

Eliana closed her eyes to listen clearly. The background, hip hop music faded in low echos and she perceived his word audibly.

"Try to clean up the place." Jack continued. "Make sure nothing goes wrong. The investigation are ingoing but I'm sure another gruesome gang execution at the motel caused that incident."

"Okay K, I get it!" his hand vividly brushed through his raven black hair. "I'm at Fox club right now. I'd be heading to the motel later."

Eliana's eyes opened and in the darkness, her sight zoomed to Jack's lips. She could hear his throbbing heartbeats amidst his words.

"Bye!" Jack ended the call. Looking around suspiciously, but there was no one in sight. Only some bunch of drinkers, giggling at a distance.

"Hahaha!!" Someone roared a laugh at his partner that just fell.

Jack placed the phone back into his trouser and hurried back in. Gazing at the champagne bottle and cups, untouched. He furrowed, looking around. He found out that Eliana had probably left.

"Where's the lady sitting here?" He asked the bartender.

"She left through the other door." He replied earnestly.

A look of disappointment clouded on Jack's face as he rumbled twenty-dollar Bill on the formica table. Leaving, saying no more words.

Jack walked out to where his car was parked. It was a shiny-black 1949 Mercury Club Coupe. An old Volkswagen, the microbus. He unlocked the door with the car key and slid into the passenger seat and kicked the engines.

Driving onto the dark road, blood rushed into Eliana's veins, making it deep green to black. A cloud of smoke puffed the exhaust as he zoomed down the road.

Her eyes focused as she watched him whirred into the night.

Lilah left her white Lexus jeep, walking in the direction where his car passed. A drunk man walked through the door, looking at the reeling floor, then back up. He realized Eliana wasn't there. The strange man widened his puzzled eyes and then squinted at it, but it was totally dark.

'Where did she go?' The man asked himself. His mind was frantic with thoughts, "How is it possible to move thar fast?"

Jack was on the road when he pulled back. It was by the side of the woods. His car stopped and Jack gazed at his phone vividly. It was five minutes to eleven. He had to get to Three Angels Hotel Inn of San Luis Obispo within the five minutes else, the chances of getting the gangs will be low.

Jack rushed out of his car, opening the bonnet to check what it was. It burned his fingers, and he realized the engines were overheating again.
There was no water around so he had to wait for it to cool down. Jack kicked his car out of frustration.

"Ugh!" he jolted his foot in pain, holding onto it.

Eliana's eyes were stuck to him like a camera. His human scent grew stronger. She can easily attack him there, but that wasn't her plan. She just wanted to know who he was exactly. But she guessed he was a gang leader or police officer.

'Jack smokes weed. He's probably a member of a gang... Or maybe a mobster.' She figured out.

It only took a couple of minutes when the volkswagen picked up again. It was just ten minutes to twelve. Ten minutes before she transforms. Looking like a dung beetle, the black vehicle bolted rapidly onto the empty road. Eliana stood by, watching him zoom past her. A mysterious smirk formed on her lips as she followed him at the same speed. She got there before him, watching the gang members play on a chest board. Like a social gathering of gangs. The members were guys between their twenties and thirties. Most of them had weird tattoo drawings on their bodies and piercings.