Why Do You Hate Me So Much?!

After work hours, Lilah took a taxi home. Even though she was as weak as a kitten, she gave a helping hand to her parent’s kitchen. Walking into the restaurant, she put on an apron, checking the dishes and the ones, needed. Lilah is also a skilled cook, just like Asena was. But Asena instead of working, chose to help her family.

“Mr. Tade, Where is my mum and dad?” Lilah quickly asked an elderly man with a bald head.

He had been working with Wulfric Restaurant’ since she was only a baby. And customers that visit there to eat are mostly wolf-bloods.

“Your mum visited a friend in the hospital. Your dad is in the second kitchen preparing stew steaks.” Mr. Tade, a lanky-looking, mid-aged man with curly blonde, hair, and hazel eyes, vividly reported.

“But the doctor asked him to avoid that!” Lilah flinched.

Looking at Mr. Tade, he gave her a tight-lipped smile and shrugged innocently.

Without thinking twice, she tied her hair in a ponytail and rushed to the second floor where the second kitchen was.

The cooks heated the kitchen from grilling.

“Hey, Dad!” She gave him a back hug as if she did not know. “What are you doing?” excitement laced her honeyed voice.

“Some guests are waiting for this, darling.” He pointed with a faded smile.

“Let me help you with it! Aren't you tired?” She noticed the look in his eyes.

“You’re just coming from work. I should be the one asking you that.” Rafael pointed.

“Don’t worry about me. I’ll be fine. You can go to the restroom. Take a shower and rest.” She advised. “Don’t come to the kitchen today. You’ve done enough.”

“Okay then, I’ll be on the first floor supervising the servers. Buzz me whenever you need me.” He replied, taking off his cooking hand gloves.

“Okay, Dad.”

Rafael smiled at his daughter as she took over the grilling. He took off his cooking hat and walked out of the kitchen. Looking back at him, a worrisome look clouded Lilah’s face. As it is, her dad is asthmatic, and the doctor advised he should always stay in a well-ventilated environment, but he always keeps doing this. Just to make his business flow.

After grilling the meat on medium-high heat, Lilah continued with the cooking and supervised both kitchens, making sure the customers were well served. Most of the customers leave with a smile and sometimes, some of them are pleased to meet her and thank her personally.

Although it was way better when Asena was alive. Now, she had to put more effort into both works. After getting home, Lilah had a shower and walked into her room with a purple nightgown. She was drying her blue-black hair when her phone vibrated. She turned in its direction and grabbed it from beside her pillow on the bed.

Looking at the screen, she saw ‘Baby-Girl’.

Her eyes rolled before pressing the answer button. “Hello Elie, what’s up?”

“Umm... Something urgent came up and I need your help.”

“Spill, baby girl.”

“I came back home, and I didn’t meet anyone. To cut the long story short, my mum got admitted to the hospital and I’m here with her as we speak!” Worry laced in Eliana’s voice.

“Oh, my God! What happened?”

“She’s having high blood pressure, but she’ll be fine. Your mum is here with us as well. She helped my mum to the hospital earlier today. The thing is Mr. Boris, my supervisor, asked me to follow our boss for the outing tomorrow. I don’t think I’ll be able to make it.”