~ Chapter Ten - Part One ~

~ (y/n)'s POV ~

~ A Week Later ~

It had been a few days since I was released from the hospital, and believe it or not, my father decided to act like an human being around me for once! He let me take a break from training and acted a bit nicer to me, which I appreciated.

But sadly for Shoto, he had to continue to train by himself. Which I felt really bad for, because now that I was out of the picture, my dad could focus everything he's stored up for the both of us, on one person which happened to be Shoto.

I was never in the room while Shoto trained, but I would wait out side the entire time, curled up into a ball on the floor. I would hear every punch, slap and kick that Shoto took, and it was heart breaking to listen to!

It had also been a week since my family had reported Toya missing after Shoto told my mom that he couldn't find him. They were all on pins and needles, hoping that he was alright and healthy and would come back home soon!

I so badly wanted to tell them the truth about that upsetting night, what happened to Toya and why I was really in the hospital! But I knew that if he somehow managed to crawl back to this hellhole, he would be utterly miserable from being imprisoned in his own house with no where to go.

I kept having to remind himself of this fact, that he is probably more happy out there on his own, free from the restrictions of society and the government than being stuck with us. I kept doing this so I wouldn't break down crying at any given moment in time.

Shoto had just finished his training, walking out covered in bloody scrapes and bruises. I gave him a pitiful stare as I helped him to the bathroom.

"Nice battel scars you've got there!" I complimented as I spread the disinfectant across his knees.

He giggled, "T-thanks!" he replied with a soft tint of blush on his round face.

After I cleaned him up, I put some All Might band-aids on his cuts and scrapes, "And...Done! Your clear to go my favorite patient!" I exclaimed.

He nodded, and hopped off of the counter top, "I'll meet you in the bedroom! I'm just gonna get a snack from the kitchen. Want anything, (y/n)?" He tiredly asked, looking back at me in the doorframe rubbing his eyes.

I shook my head, "I'm good! But thanks for asking anyways!" I beamed.

He gave me a single nod, and left without another word, closing the door behind him. The smile slowly faded from my face, and I looked at the solemn reflection of myself in the mirror and saw that the bandage over my eye was still on. Even though I could've removed the bandage awhile ago, I was too nervous to take it off, afraid that if I did, my vision would be impaired, or worse, gone!

But it had been a week, and I knew for a fact that I couldn't keep this thing on forever!

I clenched my eye shut, and took a few deep and calming breaths, trying to hype myself up for this long awaited moment.

I looked at my reflection in the mirror with a determined stare, and reached for the knot at the back of my head that was keeping the bandage attached. My fingers found the loose ends, and I was ready to yank them and reveal what lay underneath, when the most bone-chilling and blood-curdling sound made its way to my ears.

Shoto's screams.

My eyes widened and I tensed up, releasing the ends of the bandage. I bolted out of the bathroom and ran towards the source of the screams.

I ended up in the doorframe of our kitchen, and I was indefinitely frozen in horror at the sight before me.

My mother was hovering over my brother with a steaming hot tea kettle in her hand. She had a crazed glow in her eyes as Shoto lay helpless on the floor, shaking and sobbing violently in a pool of steaming water.

"Sh-Shoto!" I wailed, falling to my knees beside my sibling.

I crawled over to him, and wrapped his shivering stature in a warm bear hug.

He grabbed at my back, returning the gesture, and we both just sat the for minutes on end, sobbing into each other's shaking bodies. We did this until we heard our mom start to cry.

We both looked at her in surprise with red and puffy tear-stained faces. She was trembling, and the tea kettle had slipped through her fingers, and hit the floor with a clang causing me and my brother to flinch. She proceeded to fall to her knees, violently sobbing, "I-I'm so s-sorry Sh-Shoto!" She managed to covey between sobs.

She engulfed both of us in her arms, and despite the recent events, we held on, just sitting there sobbing into on another with no words exchanged...

A/N

Good day or evening to you all my Bugaroos! I hope that you enjoyed today's chapter, even if it did turn out to be really short! This was a crucial turning point in Shoto's life, so I needed to include it somewhere!

I hope that you have or will vote, comment, add, and share this book with whomever you please!

I love each and every one of you to bits and pieces, stay safe my Bugaroos! MWAH!