~ Chapter Thirty Eight ~

~ Katsuki's POV ~

As I was sitting in class, I kept staring out the window, wondering if she would be here today. I know that her brother was in the hospital last time I checked, so she could be spending time with him. I started to imagine what she was doing today. All of these happy thoughts of her day floated into into my head, when all of a sudden, that boy popped into my mind. I started to get jealous when I remembered that not only was she hanging out with him, she was holding hands with that feather-tailed extra!

I felt the pencil I was gripping start to crack, which caught my teacher's attention. She whipped her head around and placed her hands on her hips, giving me a disapproving stare. I was still locked into my zone, not even noticing what she was doing.

She raised a brow and cleared her throat, "Bakugou? Are you paying attention?" She asked, leaning closer in my direction.

 My breath hitched and I looked at her. She was obviously pissed, but I didn't really care at that point, not with everything that was going on in my head, "Tch, so what if I wasn't? What does it matter to you?" I sneered, looking back out the window.

The teacher gasped slightly out of shock at how bold I was being with her, a teacher. I know that its frowned upon to talk to a grownup like that, but I don't really give a damn. My parents, well, my mom, raised me to give my respect to people that deserve it, not just because they're older than you or because they say so. They will get my respect because they earned it. Well, this applied to everyone but her...but never mind mind that! The point is that, just because she's my teacher doesn't mean I have to be a nice and stuff.

I could tell that she was trying her best not to blow a fuse and cause a scene in front of the class, "S-so, Bakugou, if you wouldn't mind staying back with me a few minutes during recess, that would be very much appreciated!" She sweetly requested, trying to hide her anger and frustration.

I rolled my eyes, "Yeah, whatever." I stated, looking back out the window.

She huffed in satisfaction and turned back to the board, teaching the class. I just tuned her out and watched out the window, gazing at the trees softly billowing in the wind, swaying to a calming rhythm.

I really hoped this little 'talk' with my teacher wouldn't take too long, I wouldn't want to keep (y/n) waiting. Well, that is if she even did show...

Before I knew it, the bell had started to ring throughout the school, notifying everyone that it was time for recess. Everybody started to get louder and louder as they went outside, excited for some freedom from learning. The teacher filed the students into a line as she led them outside, but I watched enviously as they waltzed out of the classroom without a care in the world. 

Nobody payed mind to me as they ran out the door, but I caught a pair of emerald eyes staring at me with pity. 

I knew immediately that they were Deku's and sent him a pissed glare, "What do you want nerd?" I asked gruffly.

He whimpered and started to back away, nervously chuckling, "I-it's nothing Kacchan! J-just hope that everything goes well and you can join us outside! Th-the weather sure is nice, don't you-"

"Just get out already before I blast you to oblivion, you damn nerd!" I warned, showing my palm and creating a few minor sparks, just enough to intimidate the guy.

He yelped in shock and nodded before bolting out of the classroom, with his tail between his legs. 

I watched him run away in fear, feeling satisfied yet empty at the same time, "Tch, so pathetic! When will he learn that I don't need his pity?" I asked myself, "If he thinks he better than me just because he gets to go to some stupid recess before me, he has something coming for him." I grumbled.