~ Chapter Twenty Two ~

~ No One's POV ~

Over the next few years, Katsuki and (y/n) kept to routine and visted each other every day at lunch under the weepy willow tree. They even met up on the weekends and wandered through the forest behind the school and swam in the river on hotter days. The only times they didn't meet up is if one family was on vacation, if one or both were sick, or in severe weather conditions.

(y/n) started to tell Katsuki about her life a little more in depth, leaving out the fact which family she was apart of. He had asked her multiple times what her last name was, but she would always laugh it off and change the subject to heroes and quirks, which would definitely sidetrack Katsuki. She told him more about the night where her big brother ran away and what went down, and she also told him about how her dad was tirelessly training her and her twin brother to surpass All Might and become the new Symbol of Peace.

Katsuki was all in for the fact that (y/n) wanted to become a hero and was working hard to prove to herself and her father that she was strong enough to do so, but he absolutely hated that her father was putting her through an absolute hell in the process.

He would rant to her about his days at school and what pissed him off about all of the extras in his class, but he mainly vented about Deku and how pathetic he was, clinging to him and trying to be his friend. He also talked, well expressed, about how Deku was a quirkless loser but would look down on him. (y/n) tried to explain to him multiple times that this 'Deku' was probably just admiring how awesome he was. And although he liked the compliment from her, he would ignore what she said about Deku every time.

She eventually gave up trying to change his mind about Deku, because he was stubborn as fuck.

Katsuki's feelings for (y/n) also grew over the years too. He would catch himself smiling in her direction, his face would heat up whenever she would tease him, he would feel his heartbeat quicken when she was close. He knew deep down inside his heart that he had a crush, but he didn't want to admit that some one as awesome and as tough as him could've fallen so quickly.

(y/n) was oblivious to Katsuki's crush, but she was grateful to call him her best friend.

At home, (y/n) and Shoto went through more and more training while also keeping up with all of their schoolwork. She felt burned out and overworked, but she kept a brave face on for her siblings and Katsuki so she wouldn't seem weak or helpless. She and Shoto would train hours on end at their father's agency now that they were older and needed more room to practice their quirks. 

Shoto had found more ways to use his ice, such as make bigger structures, and control the temperature of his ice to the point where it could kill you. He had only started to learn of this ability, so it took awhile to conjure up that temperature and it also took a lot of energy out of him. His fire side was used much less frequently, making the times that he did practice with it hard to control. It was all wild and untamed, making it unsafe to practice for long periods of time. But he could use his fire at small amounts at minimum control. Enji tried to get Shoto to embrace his fire side, but he refused due to the fact that it was passed down to him by his father.

(y/n)'s quirk had grown in many ways too. She can use her quirk now for about a minute at a time before feeling any symptoms. She has also enhanced the blast pressure of her water blast, making it able to send a small child up in the air with the high pressure. She had also worked on the morphing aspect of her quirk. She could make more detailed small items and trinkets, but when it came to lager scale items, she had to be very broad with the shape. She could make large spheres and tornadoes, but that was about it. She had also stared to learn how to make a water board that could carry her through the air, kinda like a skateboard. She had also learned that she could control the temperature of her water, like Shoto could control his ice. It ranged from Arctic ocean temperatures, to boiling hot water that could leave third degree burns. It did take much more energy to conduct this extreme temps, so she stuck to room temperature most of the time.