~ Chapter Forty Seven ~

~ (y/n)'s POV ~

I felt the warm spring breeze tickle my face as I glided down the cracked sidewalk, on my way to Katsuki's house. Not gonna lie, I had my doubts of Natsuo's plan on how to sneak me out, but yet, here I am! Out of the house, free to do whatever I want, whenever I please! And now, I can leave the house whenever I want, well, as long as Natsuo is in the mood to provide me a convincing alibi to propose to our family that is.

I started to think back to the recent events that led to this moment, hoping that what I'm doing right now wasn't a huge mistake...

~ Flashback ~

"Can I do it now?" I asked hopefully.

He looked at me a bit shocked, "Like, now, now?" He asked in a hushed tone.

"I'm sorry, I meant tomorrow." I mocked, "No duh, now!" I sassed, rolling my eyes.

He sighed, "Alright, alright, fine! We can do it tonight! Just get your ass ready and pack an overnight bag!" He ordered.

My face flushed with color, "A-an overnight bag?" I whispered.

He gave me an unimpressed stare, "Hey, I know that you've spent the night at this kid's house at least once! Don't get all bashful on me now!" He exclaimed.

This just caused my blush to deepen, "I-it was only once! Jesus!" I retorted, trying to defend myself.

"I don't care how many times this has happened, I just-you know what? Just pack, change, and then you can go!" He sighed desperately, rubbing his nose bridge.

I groaned and slumped out of bed, over dramatically grabbing my duffel bag and staring daggers at him while I harshly started stuffing my things into the bag.

He looked at me, almost appalled, by my actions, "Hey! You were the one who wanted this! Don't give me shit for trying to help you!" He exclaimed.

"Don't give me shit for trying to help you! Memememe!" I mocked, scrunching up my face.

He sighed, "If you keep acting like this, I'm retracting my offer-"

My eyes widened and I straightened up and started doing everything double time, "No! I'm going! I'm going!" I reassured.

He chuckled, and flopped back on my bed, "Just tell me when you're ready!" He called over to me as I was sifting through my dresser.

I picked out an oversized hoodie that covered everything and some sweat pants. I sighed and went to get changed into them when I suddenly stopped myself and turned my head over to Natsuo, who was still in my room.

"Hey, pervert! Gonna leave while I change?"

He almost instantly got up from the bed and left the room without another word, closing the door behind him. I huffed in satisfaction and swiftly changed into the sweats, and finished up packing my bag. I quickly brushed my teeth in the bathroom and then met back up with Natsuo.

"So, you finally ready?" He asked, pulling out his phone and checking the time, "It's almost 8:20, y'know. Think your friend's already asleep?" He asked.

I rolled my eyes and chuckled to myself, "There's no way my friend would fall asleep that early! It's just not like them!" I scoffed, looking back at him.

"So, are we're doing this or not?"

~ Flashback Ended ~

I shook myself out of my thoughts and focused back on the road, making sure I took the right turns, so I didn't get lost. I started to think how I'd phrase my apology to him, knowing that if I even accidentally said the wrong thing, I could set off a ticking  time bomb.