~ Chapter Twenty Eight ~

~ (y/n)'s POV ~

'Marlo Takami' huh? 

It was such a cute name. I felt my heart's pace quicken when he sat down next to me on the concrete, looking at me as if I was the only person in the world. His eyes were an enticing honey brown with a gentle gleam gracing the surface. His hair was a deep chestnut brown that was tousled in such an effortless way, like he had spent a breezy day at the beach. He also had little black markings at the corners of his eyes, elongating them, making them seem almost bird like.

Sure, that last feature seemed a little weird, but the large tail feathers sticking out of his lower back made the eyeliner situation seem much more minor. The tail feathers were a luminescent deep teal that shimmered in the sunlight that shone down.

"I see that you noticed my tail!" He stated, chuckling in the process, "To be fair, it's kinda hard not to notice it though."

I realized that I was practically gawking at the poor boy, and swiftly lifted my head up to meet his gaze. My checks instantly flushed up as our eyes met, his soft honey stare making my heart beat rapidly, so much so that I could feel the throbbing in my ears. As an excuse to look away, I took off my glasses and wiped away the fallen tears on my cheeks.

As I was looking at the ground, frantically trying to cool myself off, he poked his head under mine so that our faces were almost touching which caused my breath to hitch, "Hey, you alright? You've been wiping your eyes for about two minutes now!" He observed.

The fact that our faces were almost touching didn't make my plan to cool down any easier and out of surprise of how bold he was, I yelped and jumped back, whacking my head on the side of the planting pot in the process. As I was rubbing the back of my head in pain, I could see the guilt that rested on his face as he looked away ashamed and embarrassed.

"I-I'm sorry...I don't really talk to people that much, so I kinda don't know when it gets to be too much..." he confessed, scratching the back of his neck.

Even though I was in pain from hitting the cement pot, I was too distracted by how adorable this guy was to even notice that I had hit my head in the first place! I took a deep breath and silently scooted closer to him. His ear twitched as I made my way closer to him and he turned his head around.

"I really am sorry that I caused you to do-"

"I-I actually think that your boldness makes you kinda cute!" I gushed, looking into his eyes.

The moment the words left the tip of my tongue, I felt my cheeks grow pink and I clapped both of my hands over my mouth in hopes that would erase what I had just said.

But it evidently didn't due to the sudden pink hue that was dusted onto his face, "You-you really think that? You're not just saying that to make me feel better?" He asked, obviously flustered.

I slowly removed my hands from my face and nodded slightly, a shy smile adorning my lips, "Y-yeah!" I admitted.

I wanted to compliment him more! About his soft honey eyes, his silky chestnut hair, his pretty feathers, but I didn't want him to think that I was some creep and scare the person who has been nicest to me away. So I refrained myself and just kept nodding.

He was now even more red, and he ran his fingers through his effortlessly unkempt hair and nervously chuckled, "Th-thanks! That means a lot-uh...I'm sorry, I didn't even ask you for your name! First I make you hit your head on that pot, and now I'm acting rude to you. God I'm such an idiot!" He apologized, dragging his hands down his face, obviously embarrassed.

I smiled at how self conscious he was but also so bold and out going at the same time. For someone who looked so laid back and chill, he had a caring heart.