~ Chapter Thirty Two ~

~ (y/n)'s POV ~

I was just frozen still, as if I was encapsulated in a large chunk of ice that was numbing every bone in my body. I couldn't move, I couldn't speak, and I couldn't breathe. As the elevator moved higher and higher, I could feel his glare, seeping under my skin and making me feel like my soul was going to float out of my body right then and there.

How could he have possibly known? And for how long?

I heard the elevator ding, notifying us that we had reached the seventh floor, and the doors slid open. My dad looked away from me and walked out of the elevator, his hands balled up into fists. As he exited the small room, he looked over his shoulder, giving a cold side eye that sent chills down my spine.

"I guess Shoto wasn't lying after all..." he bellowed, turning his head back forward and walking further down the hallway.

I watched with horror in my eyes as he walked away, the door starting to close back up, leaving me alone with my thoughts and my distorted reflection to keep me company. My thoughts were spinning around and around at a dizzying pace that I could barely keep up and comprehend it all. But all the same, my mind kept racing back to this one thought.

Shoto told dad...

He told dad that I have been sneaking out for the past four years...

I felt the cold numbness boil into raging anger and betrayal. I couldn't believe that he would do that! And why? What for? I know that things got really out of hand earlier on both sides, but I didn't think that he'd stoop so low as to tell dad the one thing keeping me happy.

I felt the tears run down my face, and I didn't even struggle to try and keep it in, I just let it all out, letting my body slump down to the floor in the process. Where did things go wrong between us? I know that we haven't been as honest as we usually are with each other, but I didn't think that not sharing one thing of my life would've pushed him over the edge like this! But it makes sense that this one thing did it, it took over thoughts daily, it took me away from my family. This one thing wasn't just a minuscule ordeal, it was a major part of my life.

I continued to sob for a few more minutes in the corner of the elevator, just waiting for the tears to dry out on their own, because at this point, there was no hope in me stopping it now. I eventually realized that my tears weren't the only thing being spilt on the floor of the elevator. I looked around and saw puddles of water spreading like wildfire and I realized my emotions had taken full rein of me. My eyes widened and a stood up shakily, being careful not to fall over and I focused of taking controlled breaths as I concentrated on evaporating the water before it soaked into the carpet.

Once I did that, I felt all cried out, and was back to the stage of being emotionally numb to the point where I felt nothing could affect me. I sighed in a neutral tone and pressed the open door button on the elevator panel. I waited a few seconds before the door dinged and spread open.

I started to make my way back to Shoto's hospital room passing by hospital workers and patients going in and out of rooms. I could feel their stares burning into the back of my head as I strode past them. It felt like I was the smallest person in the room, like I was the only one who these people saw, and it made me feel anxious. I was aware that my face was swollen from tears, I was aware that my hair was a mess, and I was aware that my clothes were wet from my quirk. But to have other people staring at me made me feel weak and pathetic, like the whole ordeal was worse than it actually is.

I started to to run, trying to escape the stares people sent me. I just ran, and ran, and ran until I crashed.

I stumbled back and landed on the floor with a loud thud. I clenched my eyes shut and grit my teeth as I landed on the ground to try and "(y/n)! Oh my god, I'm so sorry! Are you hurt?" I heard Fuyumi shout, hoping I was okay.