~ Chapter Fifty ~

~ Katsuki's POV ~

The bell rang throughout the classroom, signifying lunch had begun. I jogged over to my cubby and pulled out my lunch, running outside before anyone in my class. I sprinted ahead so that no one would be able to see where I was going, and headed out towards the tree.

Once the swaying willow came into view, I pressed forward as fast as I could, making the homestretch and parting the vines, entering into the alcove under the branches.

I was surprised to see that (y/n) wasn't there yet, considering that 95% of the time, she was here before me. I shrugged it off that it could've just been one of those other 5% days and continued entering.

I took some deep breaths to regulate my breathing as I sat down at the base of the trunk. I inhaled a breath full of sweet spring air and let out a satisfied sigh. Leaning my back against the rough bark surface, I unpacked my lunch from its box and pulled out a container of sticky rice and a pair of chopsticks. I popped open the container and began to snarf down the delicious rice, still waiting for her to make an appearance.

I was almost done with my rice at this point, and she still hadn't appeared. Confused, I looked down at my watch, noticing that it had been several minutes since I came over to the tree. A scowl formed on my face, but I pushed back my feelings, knowing her situation and all can cause her to have a few hold-ups back at home, so I tried not to get too worked up about it.

I continued to eat my rice, hoping that she would come any second. But even after a few minutes of finishing my rice, she still hadn't appeared!

I peered down at my watch and my eyes lingered for a moment or two on the time. Ten minutes had passed, and she still wasn't here.

I let out a glum sigh, making peace with the fact that she wasn't coming today and started to pack up my lunch, in preparation to make my way back over to the play ground. I had seen her this morning, so it's not like I didn't see her at all today, so I guess there's that...

I let out one more defeated sigh before parting the vines. I looked up from the ground and an all too familiar head of green, fluffy hair caught my attention.

Deku...

My brow furrowed and my teeth grit, 'What the hell is he doing all the way out here?' I asked myself.

When I started to look around him for a reason, my eyes froze on her.

(y/n) was right there...talking to stupid Deku...

Why the hell is she talking to him? He's a nobody that just gets in my way! And why does she seem...happy...to be talking to that nerd?

I scoffed angrily, and stomped my way back under the comfort and privacy of the tree, sitting right back down where I was just minutes ago, unpacked my lunch again, and waited for her to come through the vines, only this time, I wasn't as chipper to see her.

I waited for only a few minutes more before the vines rustled and parted, revealing a frazzled (y/n) on the other side.

I started her down with a cold glare "Took you long enough..." I scoffed, looking back down at my food.

I heard her feet patter the ground, making her way over to me and plopping down right by my side, "Katsuki I'm sorry...I was late because—um...because of some things going on at home, and the traffic was just awful, and-"

"And having a little chat with Deku." I interrupted, picking up a piece of seaweed and ripping it off with my teeth angrily.

I could feel her freeze up, her stare intensifying in my direction, "How did you-"