~ Chapter Thirty Five ~

~ Shoto's POV ~

I heard the pleasant sound of giggling flooding through the halls, making me smile a bit. Even though I wish it was me that was making her happy like that, I'm still glad that she's smiling again. I finished tossing the chicken is the sauce and the spooned it onto a large plater to serve. I  handed the player to Natsuo who gave me a nod of thanks and carefully brought over to the dining room table, being cautious not to spill the chicken all over the floor.

As I watched Fuyumi and Natsuo carry all of the dishes we've prepared out to the table, I felt awful that I couldn't help set the table, being in crutches and all.

I sighed and made my way over to the dining room, and saw everyone conversing amongst themselves, but my eyes immediately darted over to (y/n) and Marlo. I sadly smiled as I observed how happy she was to be talking with him, like all of today hadn't even happened. I lowered myself to my mat and set my crutches behind me, staring at (y/n) and Marlo intently the whole time.

It was obvious that she liked him, even I can see that! But what she saw on him stumped me. Sure, he seemed nice enough, but why him exactly? I guess crushes are weird and no one knows how the really work, but still, why him?

Marlo noticed me staring at him with a my resting face, and he immediately tensed up, and started to nervously chuckle, softly waving his hand back and forth, "U-Um, do ya need something?" He shakily asked.

I snapped out of my daze and blinked at him a few times, "No, no I don't." I stated, looking down from him to the food in front of me.

"O-oh! U-um, alright then!" He anxiously chuckled.

I could feel (y/n)'s glare burning into my forehead, as if telling me, 'What the hell was that for?'

I sighed and returned her glare, 'And why do you care?' I mentally asked with a scrunched face.

She scoffed and dragged Marlo into the next room and continued their conversation. I grimaced at how easily she could brush something off, but then hold a grudge against me for something I've apologized for multiple times! I sighed and started to dish up my food as we waited for Fuyumi to come back with the adults.

As I was getting a few pieces of chicken, I felt Natsuo nudge me in the side. I looked over at him with a pissed expression, "What?" I grouched.

He looked a little shocked that I was angry, but shook it off and leaned down to my ear, "You think they like each other too?" He slyly whispered.

I rolled my eyes and sighed, "I guess, but I don't get what she sees in him!" I whispered back.

He leaned back and raised a brow, "Are you jealous?" He asked with a slight smirk.

My eyes widened, "W-what?" I stuttered.

He sighed, "You're jealous, jealous that he's spending time with your sister, when that's all you've wanted to do." He explained.

I looked away embarrassed, "So what if I am? I mean, how can somebody just come into her life that quickly and stick! I just- I don't get it..." I admitted, resting my chin in my hands.

He gave me a sad smile, "Well, I don't know the kid all that well, but I'm guessing if you just talk to him, you'll end up making a great friend! And how many times have you been given the opportunity to do that?" He asked, softly nudging my shoulder.

I looked away from him, and back down at my plate full of chicken. I guess he's right, I mean, mom and dad rarely let us out of the house due to all of the publicity we would've gotten, and mom didn't want that for us at such a young age, but she did eventually want us to get out and go to school. But so far, dad's taken the publicity thing way too far, and disregarded mom's wishes for us to have an as normal childhood as we could, and isolated us from the whole world!   So we don't have a lot of social experience, let alone any opportunities to make friends.