~ Chapter Fifty One ~

~ Marlo's POV ~

In the end, Sho ended up winning the match by freezing my feathers, which weighed me down so much, I ended up tipping back and couldn't get up. Mr. Todoroki declared that an immobilization and ended the match, making Sho the winner. He walked over to me and unfroze my feathers, allowing me to stretch them out and shake off the access water.

As I was wringing off the last of the feathers, I felt disappointed in myself, but hey, I lasted twenty-six out of the thirty minutes in the ring, so that's something to be proud of I think.

I looked at Sho with soft grin and held out my hand for him to shake, "Hey, good match dude!" I exclaimed.

He froze awkwardly for a second, but then took his hand in mine and I smiled, shaking it, "Y-yeah...you too...dude." He hesitantly said.

I let a laugh escape my lips and patted his back as I started to make my way outside of the ring to go and change, but I noticed (y/n) sitting against the wall, almost in a daze of some sort. I raised a brow at this and wandered over to her side and plopped down beside her. She was mumbling random words silently to herself and they weren't making any sense.

I sighed and let one of my feathers float float over to her other side and poke her on the shoulder gently, and she immediately shot up and started looking around, alert and ready. She looked over to me with wide eyes, looking me up and down.

"Hey, you all good?" I felt my face go red as she kept staring, "I-is there something on my face?" I asked nervously.

She realized what she was doing and blinked a few times or refocus, "S-sorry! I was just thinking about—the um...the battle! Yeah! I-I just really need to find a way to stop passing out in the middle of battle!" She anxiously mumbled along.

I nervously chuckled, "Y-yeah, right!" I stumbled to my feet and made a beeline for the locker room.

"Come on Takami! Why do you have to be so stupid!" I hissed at myself as I opened my locker and pulled out my street clothes.

I slammed the locker door shut, causing Sho to gasp slightly.

My head flipped around and my eyes widened in embarrassment, "I'm sorry Sho, just a bit of a wreck today I guess." I apologized and turned around to start changing.

"I-it's alright Mar-" he abruptly ended his sentence and went quiet.

I was confused but shrugged it off and finished changing, grabbing my gym bag and headed out of the locker room, "See you around Sho!" I called back to him before exiting.

I thanked Mr. Todoroki for having me and ran out of the building and saw my mom leaning against the car looking around and then our gazes finally met. She smiled at me and waved me over. I grinned and ran over to the car, hopping in the front seat.

As I buckled up she started the car, "So, how was training, kiddo?" She asked.

I sighed, "I lost a the match, but it was a good workout." I stated, and suddenly remembered what also happened, "Oh! And (y/n) passed out in the middle of the match! Which was scary because she was way up in the air, but Sho caught her before she hit the ground, so no harm done." I reassured her.

She looked over at me with wide eyes, "Wow, that must've been quite scary bud, I'm sorry you had to witness that." She exclaimed.

My face squished up in annoyance, "Mom! It's not like she died or anything." I stated.

She sighed sorrowfully, "I guess. I'm glad she's alright though! That would've been terrible if Shoto didn't catch her!" She clicked her tongue, "That poor girl...I hope she can get her hydration under control, because soon enough you and her will have too—" She quickly stopped her trail of thought, "Oh, I really shouldn't be saying this! I still need to talk to Mr. Todoroki about it, and get his input on things. So...just forget I ever said anything, alright Honey?" She rambled on.