~ Chapter Eleven ~

~ (y/n)'s POV ~

We started to hear foot steps coming from the kitchen, and we sprung up in the fear of getting caught eavesdropping. We sprinted back to our room, and  swiftly closed the door. I jumped into my bed, while Shoto slumped against the door lowering himself into a ball.

I was a bit confused as to why he wasn't in bed, but then I heard sniffling and he was shaking. 

I gasped and got out of bed and checked on him, "Hey, what's wrong?" I asked my crying brother.

He looked up at me, eyes all red and puffy, "F-first, you got hurt. Th-then Toya went missing. M-mom burned my eye, and now s-she's being taken away from us!" He wailed.

He hissed in pain as he sobbed, "Th-the scar," he cried, "It hurts..."

I gasped in realization. This was the first time I was able to examine his face. The majority of it was puffy and blistered which forced his eye to close, and the burn was a red hue, but some of it was raw and bloody. I could tell that the pain was unbearable, which made him cry, which made it even harder to bear!

I stood up and offered him my hand, "Here, lets get you cleaned up." I stated with the biggest smile I could muster.

He nodded and took my hand. I cracked the door open, making sure that there was no one lingering in the hallway. When the coast was clear, we bolted for the bathroom. Once we arrived, Shoto closed the door behind him and we sank to the floor in exhaustion. 

I stood up, and patted the countertop for Shoto to come and sit on. He gladly did so, and I pulled out the first aid kit. I searched for the disinfectant and some cotton balls.

"Okay, thins might sting a little..." I warned as I applied the solution to the cotton.

 He winced as I soaked his wound and silent tears ran down his face. Causing him pain made me flinch, but I persisted and continued to clean it out. Once I had disinfected the whole area, I applied an ointment to help sooth the burn.

I grabbed a bandage and a sheet of cotton out of the kit. I placed the cotton sheet over his eye, and the wrapped the bandage around his head, securing the cotton in place.

I stood back to admire my work. Even though the bandage wasn't perfect and tight, it held everything in place.

"I hope this helps!" I stated while putting away the kit.

He smiles and wiped his tears, hopping down from the counter, "Thanks (y/n)..." He sniffed.

I was about to walk out when I heard him shout, "Wait!"

I turned around in question, "What? Is everything okay?" I asked.

He retracted his extended arm, and grabbed at his sleeve, "When are you gonna take that bandage off?" He asked, head tilted to the floor.

My eye widened.

He looked up and saw my state of shock and immediately looked embarrassed for asking, "I-I'm sorry! I-I was just wondering, since the doctor said you could remove it anytime..." He shakily explained.

I closed my eye and took a deep breath, "Fine!" I stated, walking over to where I could see my reflection.

His eye widened, "Wait! Really? I though that you-"

"I was going to take it off, but then I heard you screaming and ran to you. But now that you seem to be doing better, why not?" I asked.

On the surface, I seemed really confident in the outcome and really bubbly. But beneath the surface, I was scared shitless. What would I do if I couldn't see like before? What would happen then?

I took a deep breath, and reached for the back of my head. I could see out of the corner of my eye, Shoto waiting with anticipation. I found the loose ends, and yanked then hard. The knot came loose and I started to unravel it from my head. With every loop, my anxiety spiked even more.

I did this until the cotton pad was the only thing that remained on my face.

I took a deep breath as my shaky hands reached up for the cotton, and...

"What are you waiting for? Take the fricking thing off!" Shoto whined.

I turned to him and gave him a glare, "I will, when you stop pressuring  me!" I exclaimed.

He held his hands up, "Sorry, sorry, continue!" He defended.

I huffed, and was done with being shaky and scared of an outcome that was not that likely to happen. I took a deep breath and ripped that cotton sheet off oy face.

My eyes were still clenched shut because I chickened out on going through the whole 'not giving a fuck about the outcome' thing.

My eyes stayed closed for a few minutes until I felt a tap on my shoulder, "Um, sis? Are you gonna open your eyes? It's been a few minutes..." he explained.

"I-I know..." I shakily responded, "I-I'm just, um...taking in my last few moments to truly immerse myself in the beauty of darkness and...blindness?" I lied.

He sighed, and the suddenly, I felt him wrap me into a hug, "Hey, I know that you'll be fine! You're (y/n) Todoroki! And your also the best sister ever, so nothing bad will happen!" He encouraged.

I felt my cheeks heat up a little at his compliment, "Th-thanks! But I'm not the best sister..." I replied a bit flustered.

"Well, if you're not the best, I'm gonna have a hard time looking for someone who's better, because that's rare!" He replied.

I smiled in his direction and gave him a determined nod. I opened my one eye that I knew was good and stared at the scar in the mirror. The stiches had fallen out, so the reality of having a scar over my eye felt more real.

I looked at Shoto with an unsure expression, but he gave me a nod that soothed all my worries.

I closed my eyes one more time before taking a deep breath. 

I could hear Toya's voice ringing in my head saying, "Don't chicken out, Squirt. Just open your eyes..."

I grunted in determination with a smile on my face, and opened my eyes.

It took me a few moments to comprehend what was happening, but as soon as I did, I fell to the floor with shallow breaths.

Shoto's eye widened, and he immediately fell to my side and grasped both sides of my face, turning me in his direction, "What? What happened?" He asked, worry dripping from his tone.

I started to cry a never ending stream of tears, "M-my eye!" I exclaimed.

"I-I cant see!"

A/N

Heyo my Bugaroos! I hope that you enjoyed this chapter! Sorry for posting a bit late, I just wasn't motivated to write and didn't have any ideas for the chapter, but I eventually came up with something that I consider to be pretty good for someone who doesn't write books for a living!

And now here is you daily reminder to hit that vote button, comment, add and share this book with your fellow anime lovers!

Love you all to bits and pieces, and stay safe out there my Bugaroos! MWAH!