~ Chapter Seventeen ~

~ Dabi's POV ~

As I sprinted through the forest with my unconscious sister in my arms. I was lucky that I had been asked to patrol Deathrow today, or else (y/n) would've probably fallen to her death. But somehow, even though she was barely holding onto consciousness at that point, she managed to activate her quirk, which amazed me. But I don't know why she was up in that tree in the first place! She was always terrified of heights to the point where she would cry.

And she was also in Deathrow forest, which even though she never knew it was Deathrow forest or what it meant, why was she wandering through a fucking forest?

I kept running until I was met with the end of the forest and had arrived into our backyard. I skid to a stop, looking at my former residence in disbelief. I had never thought I would be back here for a long time, and let alone see my sister.

As if on cue, I felt her start to squirm in my arms.

I looked down in shock as she rubbed her eyes as they slowly adjusted to the brightness. My breath hitched as she started to drowsily look around. She smacked her lips and turned her head to me.

Almost instantly, her eyes widened as they started to glaze over, "T-Toya?" She managed to squeak out.

I slightly nodded, trying to conceal the lump forming in my throat, "Y-yeah..." I croaked.

Tears started to spill down her face and she wrapped her arms around my neck, sobbing into my shoulder, "W-where the hell have you been? It's been a week!" She sniffled, "A-are you back? F-for good?"

I could hear the hope in her voice, pleading that I would come back for good. My heart sank to my stomach as I wrapped my arms around her shaking body. I don't want to leave her, I really didn't, but if I'm being honest with myself, this past week has been on of the best in my whole pathetic life. One of the only things that could possibly make me go back to that hellhole of a life was this little girl in my arms. But even then, I couldn't bring myself to go back to spending all my time with that dick head I have for a dad.

I took a deep breath, "I-I'm sorry Squirt..." I apologized, setting her back on the grassy yard.

She wiped her eyes, but winced as she rubbed her left one. I wondered what happened, but I realized what was going on, "S-so, um...how's your eye?" I asked, hoping it was just healing pain.

She froze, and her eyes widened. This made my hope disappear that anything turned out fine.

"I-um, I can't see that well anymore..." she finally admitted.

This made me feel like shit! If I hadn't brought her with me on that fucking motorcycle, her eye would still be fine, and she would be smiling like she usually did. But because of me, she was in pain and her smile was gone.

I knelt down to her level, and I placed my hand on her shoulder. She looked back at me with red and puffy eyes and a blank stare.

"Hey..." I smiled, ruffling her hair, "You're still my badass little sister, always have and always will be." I reassured.

She nodded, slightly smiling, but I could tell it was forced. I frowned slightly, but shook it off. I tried to think of a way to switch the topic.

"Um, well, how's mom and our siblings doing?" I asked.

This made her blank stare turn into a frown.

How much shit went down in the week I was gone?

"Well-um, 'Yumi and Natsu are doing fine. They're definitely sad and worried that your missing, but they're fine otherwise. And Shoto's doing fine, but he just got-um, burned on his face with water..." she explained anxiously.