~ Chapter Twenty Five ~

~ (y/n)'s POV ~

As my mind started to wake up, the pleasant smell of Carmel and campfires filled my nostrils, I felt the warm sun shining on my face as the light dared me to open my eyes. I finally gave in and I felt my eyes drowsily flutter open. I smacked my lips as I looked around the unfamiliar space I was in.

It seemed to be all modern, nothing like my traditional Japanese styled house. As my eyes searched the room in confusion, I felt something below me move up and down ever so slightly. I looked down and my eyes widened when I saw that I was wrapped up in Katsuki's arms.

My breath hitched and my eyes widened as I tried to untangle myself from his grasp, but the more I tried, the tighter he hugged me. 'Wow,' I thought as I looked up to him, my face squished against his chest, 'he's got pretty strong grip!' I took a minute to admire my sleeping friend and how peaceful he looked. It kinda shocked me that someone so rash and arrogant could be so calm and peaceful. His chest moved rhythmically from his soft breathing, causing me to feel a little more tired again.

I felt my eyes start to feel droopy, on the verge of closing once again, but then memories of yesterday's events flooded my mind. This caused little beads of sweat to form on my forehead as my eyes shot open, stinging with tears and the pace of my breathing increased. I was more determined to to untangle myself, now that I realized I had places to be. I managed to get myself out of his arms with out waking him up, and I carefully got out of the bed. I looked back at Katsuki, who had a look of distress on his face now that I wasn't tangled up in his grasp.  Grabbed my glasses off of the nightstand and quickly wiped my eyes free of tears that threatened to fall before placi my glasses securely on my face. I looked back at him with remorseful eyes, feeling guilty for not being able to say goodbye. 

I let out a sad sigh as I walked away from his bed and over to the window. I unlatched the window's clasps and opened his window, just enough for me to slip through and escape. But just as I was about to activate my quirk to get down safely, his desk caught my eye. I looked over and saw his notebook open to a blank sheet of paper, a pen sitting right on top of it. I felt guilty for not saying anything to him, but maybe I could write him a note. 

I jumped down from the window sill and took a seat in his desk chair and picked up the pen. I was a terrible speller, but hopefully he would be able to decipher what I was writing.

After a few minutes of writing the note, I was almost done, I had about one more sentence to go, when I heard footsteps making their way closer and closer to Katsuki's door. My breath hitched as I heard a series of aggressive knocks.

"Kat! Get your ass up now! You're damn breakfast is going cold!" I heard a lady's voice echo into the room.

I nervously scribbled down the remainder of the note and sloppily signed it before, bolting up from out of the chair and I jumped through the open window and activated my quirk in mid-air. I created my water board just in time before I hit the gound. Without looking back, I weaved my way through the shrubbery and made it to the front yard. I jumped over the gate and started to skate down the streets and back to my house.

As I slid through the streets, I hoped Natsuo hasn't figured out I left...

~ Mitsuki's POV ~

I had just finished making breakfast, and I had set it on the kitchen table. Masaru was already sitting down and started to pile some food onto his plate. I smiled at my husband and did the same, sitting across from him as we ate in a comfortable silence. 

Once we were done, Katsuki still had yet to join us. 

I looked at Masaru with confusion, "Is that brat still asleep?" I asked.