~ Chapter Thirty Three ~

~ (y/n)'s POV ~

We stood outside the car for what felt like hours, waiting for dad and Shoto to come out of the hospital doors. I was still having a hard time believing that my twin would've stabbed me in the back like that! Looking back through all of my fond memories with him, I couldn't've seen this coming even if the signs were in my face. All I could see was the sweet oblivious boy who always stayed by my side even when our family felt like it would combust at any given moment. But now those once fond memories to look back on when times got rough, we're now tainted by his recent actions, and I could never see him the same way again.

Eventually, I was knocked out of my trance when I heard the hospital doors slide open. I looked up and saw dad carting Shoto towards us in a wheelchair. For a fragment of a second, our gazes crossed paths. His trembling eyes were coated with guilt and remorse, but all I could bring myself to see was cold and emotionless betrayal.

I whipped my head the other way, not wanting to lay my eyes on him more than I had to, "Can we leave now? We've been waiting here for forever." I complained, opening the door and climbing into the backseat of the taxi.

My dad sighed and glared at my siblings to hop in with me. Out of fright, they complied and hopped in with me. Dad helped Shoto in, and luckily, he was on the opposite side of the car, so I didn't have to look at his stupid face for the whole ride. But even though I didn't want to look at him, I could tell he was staring holes into the back of my head the whole ride home, trying to get me to look back at him. I just kept looking out of the window, watching as we turned down the different streets and avenues. I watched as people walked out of shops, holding the hands of their loved ones, smiling and having a much better day than I ever thought I would have to be honest.

I tore my gaze away from the bustling city, looking down at my life with a sad sigh. I was not about to make myself more depressed than I already was.

On top of Shoto's seemingly never ending stare, I could feel the pity from Fuyumi and Natsuo like the warm afternoon sun shining on my face. I felt cornered and helpless to all the attention, but I didn't say anything for the rest of the ride.

Once we arrived home, I quickly thanked the taxi driver and got out of the car as fast as humanly possible, running through the front door and slammed it behind me. I wasn't gonna give Shoto a chance to breathe a word to me the rest of this night! I bolted up stairs, and stripped myself of my soaked and filthy clothes and tugged on a simple dress with a floral pattern for dinner tonight. I grabbed a brush and went to my mirror and detangled it as best as I could and quickly braided it and made it look as nice as I could with how fast I did it. 

I flattened my dress out and grunted in determination before exiting my room. Just as I had opened the door, I looked down the hall and saw that Shoto was now on crutches and had managed to make his way up the flight of stairs. I grimaced in the doorway for a minute, but sped out the door, right past Shoto. I heard him sigh and start making his way towards the staircase as fast as he could.

"(y/n), please! Talk to me abo-"

"Shut up, Shoto!" I dangerously muttered, not looking him in the eye.

I felt the sadness deepen inside him as the room suddenly fell silent. I continued to make my way downstairs not looking back to Shoto. As I was walking to the living room, I couldn't help but feel a tinge of guilt for how I was treating Shoto, but what guilt I felt was covered up by hatred, and I couldn't forgive him for this.

I plopped myself down on the couch and grabbed the TV remote, and switched it on to find that that frozen was on tv and it was at the part where Elsa had just unfrozen Anna, because they're love for each other was the strongest of all or some shit.