~ Chapter Twenty ~

~ (y/n)'s POV ~

I made my way back home and quietly opened the front door, being careful not to make any sound. My breath hitched as the floor boards beneath my feet started to creak with every step I made.

"Where have you been..."

I froze in my tracks, wide eyed. I slowly turned my head to where the voice was coming from, and saw my brother leaning against one of the pillars. He had a worried glare on his face as he eyed me up and down. He eventually started to make his way over to me, his glare softening with every step.

Once he made his way over to me, he wrapped his arms around my neck, "Dad said that you ran away after making a scene in front of the eye doctor's office." He started, pulling away from the hug and looking me in the eyes, "Is that true (n/n)?"

I was still in the same amount of shock that I was when I entered the house, but I managed to nod and form a few words in my frozen state, "Y-yeah, it's true..." I shamefully admitted, letting my head hang.

He sighed and then suddenly gripped my wrist, causing me to yelp, "Who's is this?" He asked.

I was confused and looked down at my hand and saw that I was still holding Katsuki's All Might water bottle tight in my hand, "O-oh! Um, I found it on the sidewalk and used it to recharge after using my quirk on dad..." I lied.

I hated lying to Shoto! He was my twin, and we tell each other everything that's going on in our lives! But for some reason, part of me just wanted to keep my friendship with Katsuki hidden from him. It was something that I just wanted for myself.

He looked shocked, mouth hanging open, "You picked up a random water bottle off the street and drank from it? Why? You don't know where it's been!" He exclaimed in pure horror.

I giggled at his reaction, but thankful that he bought the lie, "Shh! I don't want dad to know I'm here!" I pleaded in a whispered tone.

He tilted his head in confusion, "Why not? Wouldn't you want him to know that you're safe and not injured?" He questioned.

I raised an eyebrow, "If I wasn't injured before I came home, I would probably be injured by the time he was done with me." I explained.

His confused expression fell from his  face and was replaced with a disappointed one, "Yeah, I guess it slipped my mind that our father is a major jerk..." He confessed.

I laced my fingers through his and gave his hand a small squeeze, "So, what did I miss for school?" I asked changing the subject.

I saw the relief in his eyes that we were on a different topic and he started to walk me up the stairs to our room. He went onto explain all that I had missed in the past school day that I missed. I missed a math lesson which I'm not all that mad about, then I missed a spelling test of all the words I had learned over the month, and then I missed 'Yumi's attempt to make soba. Shoto said that although the noodles were cooked well, the different ratios of sauces and spices made it almost inedible. Natsuo almost got sick!

I wish I could've witnessed that catastrophe of a lunch break, but was ultimately glad that I had made a new friend.

I started to clean my room from the mess I had made this morning. There were clothes and toys all spread around on the floor and my closet was a literal nightmare! Hangers were everywhere, drawers we opened and the clothes were all in folded and balled up. I hated my self for doing this!

I groaned in annoyance, but got to work to make my room look as it did before. I had folded all the clothes to the best of my ability, and I had hung the rest up on the hanging racks. I put all of the toys back in the bins and I made my bed, to lazy and tired out to make Shoto's.