~ Chapter Thirty One ~

~ Marlo's POV ~

W-wait...

Endeavor, the Number Two Hero, wants me, a random kid, to come to his house and have dinner with him?

My lips curled into a toothy grin, and my eyes lit up with admiration. My feathers unconsciously fanned themselves out due to my glee in this moment, and I started to subtly hop side to side on my feet to release some pent up energy. Was this really happening? I've admired this hero from afar for many years, and now he's inviting my family to dinner?

"R-really? I-I'd have to check with my mom first, but I'd think she'd be thrilled, Sir!" I exclaimed bowing frantically, "Th-thank you, Sir!"

After I finished expression my appreciation, I started to bolt back to the hospital, eager to tell my mom the good news. But before I had the chance to round the corner, I rammed into someone, and started to fall backwards, but luckily, my feathers caught my fall before it could hit the cement.

"Marlo! Where the hell have you been?" My mom scolded, getting on her knees and wrapping me up in a hug.

She started to pepper my face with kisses which made my nose crinkle, "Eeeww! Mom!" I whined, trying to to stop her from kissing my face, "I'm not a baby anymore!"

"Well I'm your mother! And you will always be my baby!" She stated, placing one last kiss on my nose before standing up, "You had me worried sick, Marlo! You can't just run off like that!"

I rolled my eyes, "Nothing happened mom!" I explained, "And besides, I was helping that girl over there who just happened to be Endeavor's daughter!" I exclaimed, pointing over to Endeavor and (y/n) with a joyful smile on my lips.

My mom looked at me as if I were crazy, "Honey, You didn't see Endeavor or his kid! It's probably just-" She cut herself off when she saw where I was pointing, and her mouth hung open and her eyes widened, "Holy shit, that's Endeavor..." She whispered in awe.

I nodded slowly, "Yeah, see! I told you!" I sneered, "And he invited us to his house for dinner tonight!" I stated, grabbing her hand and started to drag her over to where (y/n) and Endeavor were.

"W-wait, he did what?" She asked in a shrill tone, stopping me from going any further, "Why in hell would he-"

"Mom, did you find him?" I heard Keigo call stuffily,  casually walking around the corner almost tripping a few times, his nose bright red from the inflammation caused from his 'sickness'.

I snickered at him as he drowsily made his way over to us, looking like he hadn't slept in weeks. 

His ear twitched when he heard me snickering and snapped out of his sick state, and glared me down, "Shut up!"  He whined, sounding congested from his stuffy nose.

I stuck my tongue out at him and turned my head back to mom, "So are we going to dinner or not?" I asked, anxiously awaiting her answer.

She looked down to me, searching for words, and then she looked back to Endeavor and then back to me, "I'll see if I can get someone to cover my shift tonight. I already took some time off today for Kei's doctors appointment, which turned out to be money poorly spent-" she exclaimed, looking back at Keigo with murder in her eyes, causing him to shrink back nervously chuckling, "Turns out your brother here is just having a major overreaction to a minor springtime cold! And to think that I thought that this could seriously be the flu!" She explained, her spare eyes circling her head, faster than usual showing that she was stressed.

I looked over at my brother who was red with embarrassment, "Mom! I told you I'm sorry!" He complained, sounding all nasally.

"It's just that I already took time off of work today, and as amazing as it would be to have dinner with Endeavor, I don't know if they will let me. I'm sorry baby." She apologized, tousling my hair.