~ Chapter Twelve ~

~ (y/n)'s POV ~

"I-I can't see!" 

My eyes widened, 'N-no! I-it can't be!' I tried to convince myself, 'I-I'm dreaming! I-I have to be!'

My eyes darted around the room and I anxiously grabbed at my hair, as the wheels started to turn in my brain about what I had just discovered. I curled up into a ball and started to shakily rock back and fourth, and watched as my tears that spilled from my eyes splashed on the tile floor. My quirk activated on its own, causing water started to spill out of my hands, flooding through the bathroom.

I heard the door click open and foot steps trampling in one after the other through the puddles of water. There was a collective gasp shared between them, causing me to look up. Standing there with looks of horror engrained into their faces were my parents.

"Shoto, why is your sister crying?" Dad asked with a slight tremor in his tone, "And why is there water all over the floor?"

My brother looked back over his shoulder and his trembling eyes met with mine, "D-do you want to tell them? O-or would it be easier for me to?" He asked.

I sniffed while wiping my face free of tears and snot, "Th-that's okay..." I started, standing up, "I-I can..."

Once I stabled myself, I looked my parents dead in the eye, and I had to will myself to not break down in another fit of tears, "I took my bandage off, and I can barely see..." I stated.

I could see the shock coming from both of my parent's faces. The room fell silent for a minute as I looked to the floor waiting for them to say something-anything!

I finally felt a hand place itself on my shoulder, witch caused my eyes to widen, because this hand wasn't the dainty, delicate hand that I was used to. It was a large, strong hand...

My dad's...

I looked up at him, tears threatening my eyes at this point, to see him with an emotion other than stoic asshole...

Even though his facial expression remained the same, I could see in his eyes that he was worried and terrified, "I'm sorry, (y/n)." He expressed.

I gave him a slight smile back and looked over to my mom who was saliently crying at the moment. My eyes widened as I ran over to her and wrapped her into a hug. 

She gently hugged back, "E-everything's going to be alright, honey..." She reassured.

I nuzzled my face into her stomach and nodded.

Hopefully that's the case...

~ Time Skip ~

I woke up in the morning to Fuyumi shaking me awake, "Why are you waking me up so early?" I whined.

She gave me a soft, yet trembling smile, "C-come on, (n/n), m-mom has something important to tell you two..." She shakily stated.

I frowned, already knowing what was going to happen. I'm guessing by the state that Fuyumi's in, that they had already told her and possibly Natsu. I got out of bed with the only motivation I had, to see mom away.

I went over to Shoto's bed and shook him awake. This time it, surprisingly, worked!

He groggily sat up, rubbing his eyes and let out a big yawn, "What is it?" He tiredly asked.

Fuyumi made her way to Shoto's bed, "M-mom has something she wants to tell you guys..." She answered.

Shoto's eye widened, as he looked to me for reassurance. I solemnly nodded, knowing what he was trying to get at. He sadly sighed, and got out of bed.

We made our way down the staircase, holding Fuyumi's hands. We could see from a good thirty feet away, to see Natsu with tears brimming his eyes, so I knew that he had talked with mom and dad.

Once we got to the ground, we  slowly walked over so that we were just feet away from them.

My dad let out a grunt before speaking, "Now, we've already told your siblings about what's going on, so let's get started." he explained.

"Your mother is going to be in a mental hospital from now on. She is mentally ill and will be in there until she gets better, which is highly unlikely." He stated.

That's when the 'cocky asshole' aspect of himself returned. I tried to act like this was news to me and so did my brother.

We looked at each other with sad faces, and returned back to looking at mom and dad, "W-when is she leaving?" I asked.

"As soon as we're done with this conversation." My dad replied.

Looked up at my mom with fearful eyes and almost immediately ran into her arms. Even though I already knew the news and had time to process it, I was still devastated that she wouldn't be here to look after and care for us, laving us in dad's care.

"I-I'm gonna miss you so much!" I wailed into her shirt.

She pulled herself out of my grasp, and knelt down on the floor. She wiped my tears that were cascading down my face and tucked my hair behind my ears, "H-hey, everything will be alright! M-mommy's just gonna be away for awhile!" She explained, "I-I'll come back as soon as I can! I-I promise!"

I hummed shakily in response. She sighed, and stood up looking over to my brother. When they made eye contact, Shoto quickly averted his gaze to the ground tears welling up in his eyes.

My mom walked over to Shoto and knelt down to his level, "Shoto, honey?" She asked placing her hand on his shoulder.

As she did this, he flinched and his breath hitched. Mom quickly retracted her hand with a hurt and defeated look on her face.

She quickly stood up and walked back to dad, "I-I love you all, more than you'll ever know..." She expressed.

Dad walked up to me and gave me a glare that sent a shiver through my spine, "We'll talk about your quirk when you get back..." He stated, leaving me confused but scared.

He walked back over to mom, took her by the wrist and led her outside to their car. Before they made it through the door, Natsu and Fuyumi started to bolt for the doorway.

"N-no! Y-you can't leave us! W-we need you!" Natsu exclaimed, holing onto mom's hand.

"H-he's right! Y-you can't leave us! E-ever!" Fuyumi added, arms wrapped around mom's waist.

I saw tears start to run down her face and she ruffled their hair, "P-please kids...d-don't make this harder than it already is..." She pleaded, gently removing them.

They were taken aback by her actions, hoping that she would fight back in one way or another. But instead, she voluntarily went with dad to the car. Dad walked her over to the passenger seat, and got her situated before getting in the drivers seat and driving out of the driveway.

Natsu and Fuyumi had made their way back to us with tear filled eyes, and had their hands on Shoto's and my shoulders.

We watched the car get smaller and smaller, until it disappeared into the horizon, leaving all of us hurt and alone...

A/N

Hey hey my Bugaroos! Sorry for the late update, I was just having trouble with inspiration for this chapter, but I hope it payed off! 

Please vote, comment, add and share this book with fellow MHA watchers!

I love you all so much, and stay safe out there my Bugaroos! MWAH!