~ Chapter Twenty Three ~

~ Shoto's POV ~

I felt my eyes slowly flutter open as I heard people calling my name, but I quickly clenched them shut due to the blinding lights shining into my eyes. I felt completely numb at first, but then all of a sudden, I felt a piercing excruciating pain surge through my veins. I started to hiss and take shallow, rapid breaths to dampen the pain, but it barely helped. I felt hot, silent tears run down my cheeks ass this all went down.

"Oh thank god! He's gained consciousness!" I heard a lady shout, and a few other people in the room sighed in relief.

"Little boy, can you tell me your name?" She asked me.

I tiredly opened my eyes a bit, starting to get used to the bright light above me, "I-It's Shoto...Shoto Todoroki..." I managed to covey in between my quiet sobs.

All of the people in the room looked around at each other, eyes wide and some were whispering amongst themselves. 

The Lady standing above looked back down at me, "Todoroki...as in 'Enji Todoroki'? Endeavor the Number Two Hero?" She asked.

I slightly nodded, not wanting to aggravate the pain that I was already in. I looked around slightly and noticed I was in a sterile, tight, white space and it seemed to jolt around quite a bit. There were about five different people in here in teal scrubs and face masks with their heads capped with hair nets. My eyes widened as I put it all together.

The pain...the paramedics...the jolting tight space...

I was in an ambulance!

"Okay, Shoto sweetie? We need you to tell us a family member's phone number so that we can contact them that you are heading to the hospital, can you do that for me?" The kind lady asked, comfortably holding my shoulder.

I didn't want them to call my dad for personal reasons, but I remembered that Fuyumi had gotten a phone a few months ago and I took time to memorize it so that in situations like these I wouldn't have to involve my shit father.

"Yeah, my sister's number is xxx-xxx-xxxx" I mumbled as she typed the number into the ambulance phone.

After the phone rang a few times, there was a click at the other end and I heard Fuyumi's muffled voice, "Hello? Who is this?" She asked.

"Um, This is Hanako Takahashi! I work for Musutafu Hospital, and am I speaking with Shoto Todoroki's sister?" She asked.

"Um, yes? This is she..." she answered.

"Well I was just calling to let you know that..."

The lady's voice slowly go softer and softer as she kept talking to my sister on the other end of the line and my vision started to become more cloudy and dark. After a few more seconds, my world felt completely dark again as I rested my head back down on the stretcher.

(y/n)'s POV ~

As I was riding down the streets of the crowded city, my vision was clouded by my seemingly never ending tears so I could barely see a thing and almost ran into multiple things while riding out of Musutafu. Once I got to the outer edges of the city, I realized that I would have to tell my family of the heartbreaking news that Shoto, my twin, my other half, was in the hospital because he chased after me, trying to find out what I have been doing.

I kept wiping my eyes so that I could see the street names and stop signs well enough so I knew when to turn and stop so I didn't end up meeting the same terrible fate as Shoto. Once I got to the driveway, I deactivated my quirk and jumped to the ground and started to try and calm myself down so I wasn't a total mess in front of my family.