~ Chapter Forty Eight ~

~ Katsuki's POV ~

I helped her climb up to the windowsill, as she sighed reluctantly and playfully rolled her eyes at me. I smirked and then looked down to the garden below us. I realized that if I used my explosions to soften the blow of us landing, my parents would immediately wake up and find out that (y/n) was here, and I didn't want that to happen!

I looked back up to her with an ashamed glare and took a deep breath, trying to swallow my pride, "I—can you...? Just—would you...please...?" I attempted to ask, repeatedly pointing down at the backyard.

She somehow managed to contain her laughter, sniffed and cleared her throat, "Y-you want my help to get down? Is that what you want, Blasty? My help?" She asked in a mocking tone with a smug grin plastered on her face.

I felt my blood boil as she was taunting me, but contained my anger to the best of my ability for both our sakes, "Yes...I w—I want your help..." I seethed through gritted teeth, challenging her sly  glare with one of my own.

She laughed at her small victory against my pride, "Hey, don't act like I'm all that bad! Asking for help doesn't make you any less of—whatever you want to be called, just so you know." She reassured in a taunting tone as she started to activate her quirk.

I felt my teeth grit even more at how she teased me, but my expression quickly softened and my eyes widened as I watched the blue tips of her hair liquify, the jelly-like substance swaying back and forth along her shoulders. Her eyes also lit up an icy blue, contrasting nicely with the moonlit sky.

I felt my palms start to sweat and my face heat up when she smiled my direction, her bright smile sending butterflies through my stomach. She scooted closer to me on the windowsill and wrapped her arm around my waist, pulling me close to her side as she created her waterboard, lacing the water around both of our feet. At this point, I was worried I might accidentally set off an explosion with how flustered I was!

I tried to swallow my feelings as I looped my arm around her shoulders for support, "I-is it safe to stand?" I asked, wondering if I'd fall through or not.

She shrugged, "Only one way to find out!" She teased.

I felt my expression fell to an unamused stare, "Ha ha, alright smartass, I get it..." I replied standing up.

To my surprise, it actually felt like I was standing on a solid surface. Color me impressed! I could hear the faint sound of her giggling at my confusion, but she was quick to quiet down and stood up next me, readjusting her grip on my waist. We carefully floated down to the grassy ground, and landed before she evaporated the water. I chuckled out of surprise and looked back at her with a soft smirk which she met with one of her own.

She started to look around the garden, oblivious as to why we were down here, "So," she started, rocking back and forth on the balls of her feet, "what are we doing out here?" She asked excitedly.

My eyes widened, suddenly remembering why I brought her out here, "R-right! Follow me!" I exclaimed, gesturing her to come with me.

I turned on my heel and started to run to the edge of the yard, coming up on a large leafy tree. I skidded to a stop and turned back to her with a hopeful expression.

But she was just standing there with a confused stare, "Nice...tree..." she attempted to compliment, still wondering why I brought her out here.

I sighed and grabbed her wrist, dragging her with me to the other side of the tree that faced the fence to reveal poorly nailed-in two by fours, scaling the length of the trunk. I looked over at her once more with the hopeful expression.