~ Chapter Thirty ~

~ Enji's POV ~

It had been a couple minutes since (y/n) burst out of the room in tears, sprinting down the halls to god knows where! That child is such a handful, and we're in a public place for god's sake! I wish that there was someway to engrave that into her mind, that she's just a little brat who can't act how she wants all the time! There are rules to follow in certain places! I was right to second guess her wanting to be left alone with Shoto, even though those two usually get along quite well, I felt like something was bound to happen.

And to no surprise, something did, and now I was left alone in a hospital with my chaotic children strewn about the hospital. Fuyumi had run off in hopes to find (y/n), Natsuo was done with this family's shit and went to the bathroom to cool off, and Shoto was still in the hospital room doing who knows what.

A bunch of nurses, doctors and even patients we in the halls as witness to the humiliating event that had just unfolded in front of their eyes and, they had started to whisper amongst themselves, some pointing at me in the process, giving me disgusted glares which made me feel like I had done something wrong or something, when I wasn't even involved in the fight in the first place!

I debated on whether to stay out of their petty fight and let them figure it out, or step in like the good father that the public saw and keep my image up for the sake of my reputation.

I thought on it for a minute, and sighed deeply, getting out of the chair and trudging over to Shoto's room, and I peaked my head through the doorway. My eyes widened when I saw Shoto crying heavily, continuously wiping his eyes to try and free them of the never stoping tears that made their way down his face, trickling down to the bed spread. I have never seen him so broken before, it even shocked me. Whatever was said between the two must've wounded them both deeply.

I grunted, clearing my throat, and returning my face to its regular scowl, knocking on the door frame.

Shoto's head shot up in shock, and his eyes were wide and his mouth slightly parted. There was a slight flush of embarrassment covering his cheeks, but he looked away from me with a disappointed expression, like he was expecting someone else. It made my heart clench a little, but I brushed it off and kept looking at him intently.

"W-what do you want?" He asked, trying to stifle his emotions.

I narrowed my eyes further, "What happened between you and (y/n)?" I asked, getting straight to the point, "Can I come in?"

He looked at me disgusted. Like he would ever consider opening up to me of all people, but he eventually got over himself and sighed, "Y-yeah, whatever, just make it quick Old Man..." he stated and crossed his arms.

I nodded 'Good enough for me.' I thought, walking into the entrance of the room and swiftly shutting the door behind me so we had some privacy.

I made it over to the chair stuffed in the corner of the tight hospital room and plopped down on the chair and rested my elbows on the arms of the chair and laced my finger's together, staring at my son intently, "So what did you say to make her break?" I bellowed, mad at both of them for losing their cool.

He looked shocked, "Th-this isn't one-sided y'know!" He defended.

I raised a brow, "But you're also implying that you said something to make her break, so tell me, what is it?" I asked, trying to pry the answer out of him.

He shocked expression furrowed into a hard glare, "I don't have to tell you shit, not after all you've done..." he bellowed, avoiding eye contact.

I rolled my eyes, when is he gonna get over this rebellious angsty phase, "Fine," I sighed standing up out of my chair, starting to walk to the door.