~ Chapter Nineteen ~

~ Katsuki's POV ~

The bell had rung, and it was time for recess. Finally, the one time I'm not forced to be in a room full of extras!

I stood up from my desk and stuffed my hands in my pockets, grabbing my water bottle. I trudged outside and saw that the playground was already crawling with kids. I crinkled my nose, not wanting to deal with human interaction at the moment, and I started to walk back inside, saying that I didn't feel well or whatever excuse I decided to use.

Once I was in the doorframe, I rolled my eyes when I saw that Deku was still sitting at his desk, focused on a coloring sheet he had been working on since he arrived at school this morning. Even though he hadn't taken his attention off it the whole time, I decided I wasn't gonna take the risk of him wanting to cling to me.

I sighed in discouragement, but remembered a big willow tree that was secluded from the rest of the playground, but still close enough that it wouldn't considered leaving school grounds.

I smiled to myself, and started to weave my way through the sea of students. Once I had reached the other side of the play ground, I spotted the tree and made my way over to it.

Once I was about ten feet away from it, I heard some muffled crying coming from beneath the heavy vines of the tree. Confused, I made my way through the vines and crept over to the source of the sound, which happened to be on the other side of the trunk.

I peaked around and saw someone curled up into a ball, crying their eyes out like a little baby. 

I sighed in annoyance, and walked around so that I could see them and they could see me, "Hey! This is my spot, extra! Move it!" I ordered.

They seemed to be shocked that I was there, and jolted out of their position, revealing their face.

My scowl  slowly melted off of my face, when I came to realization that this was the girl I followed into the woods yesterday! Her eyes also seemed to widen, and her mouth slightly parted as mine did the same.

"You..." we simultaneously spoke out of disbelief.

"W-wait! How do you know who I am?" I asked.

She shrugged while wiping her tears, "I could ask you the same thing..." she answered, avoiding my question.

I grunted angrily as my brows furrowed, "Don't be stupid, I saw you spying on me and my-um, my friends at the river yesterday. You're not that good of a spy." I stated bluntly.

She angrily puffed her cheeks and crossed her arms, "So what? But seriously, how do you know who I am?" She repeated.

I rolled my eyes, "I saw you in my neighborhood yesterday, and thought it was weird that I saw you twice in the same day, so I followed you to see if you lived around there." I explained.

"Stalker..." she quietly huffed.

I glared at her, but chose to ignore it, "Anyways, I followed you into Deathrow forest, and saw you climb up a tree, and then you slipped and this weird patched man caught you and ran away with you in his arms. I tried to follow him, but he was too fast." I admitted.

As I talked about the weird man, I heard her breath hitch, but when I said I lost track of them, she let out a relieved sigh, which I found a little weird, but shook it off, "Anyways, what are you doing here?" I questioned, "You don't go to school here." I observed.

Her eyes widened, and she hung her head in defeat, "Yeah, well, I'm homeschooled." She stated.

A smirk found it's way onto my lips, "So you're a freak?" I asked, a smile showing in my voice.