~ Chapter Eighteen ~

~ (y/n)'s POV ~

~ The Next Morning ~

All of a sudden, I felt my warm covers being ripped off of me, which caused me to curl up into a ball in a weak attempt to warm myself up.

"Get up." My dad demanded.

My eyes opened and I shivered in fear at the sound of his voice. I quickly sat up which caused me pain due to the sudden movement with all my injuries. I winced, but tried my best to conceal the pain as I got up and turned to face my dad.

"I see that our little session knocked some sense into that feeble mind of yours." He taunted, satisfaction dripping from his tone, "Now get dressed, we're going to the eye doctor." He demanded, starting leaving my room.

I watched him with wide eyes as he stopped in the doorway and turned around, his icy cold eyes meeting mine, "And by the way," he started, "Wear something that will cover up your injuries. We don't want anyone to get the wrong idea..."

And with that final warning he left my room. I looked over to see Shoto's reaction, but he wasn't in his bed. I sighed, and pulled my knees to my chest and started to rock back and fourth. How did he go from wanting to be a more understanding father, to beating me till I bled? I was starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel, and then the light went black, leaving me lost and terrified in the darkness.

When I snapped back to reality, I noticed that I had started to cry and quickly wiped away the tears that had escaped my eyes.

I got up and limped over to the bathroom and brushed my teeth, and gently brushed my hair, avoiding my wound. Once I was satisfied with that, I waddled back into my room, over to my closet and grabbed my (y/f/c) sweater and a pair of overalls. Even though today was particularly warmer than it should be in the spring, I didn't want the chance of repeating what happened last night.

I slipped into the outfit, and looked into the mirror and did a little spin. When I was facing the back, I realized that the wound that was healing in the back of my head was showing. 

"(y/n)! We leave in two minutes!" My dad bellowed from downstairs.

I started to worry, looking frantically around my room for something that would cover my head. A scarf, a bonnet, a hat, anything! After tearing apart my bedroom, I finally found 'Yumi's old bucket hat in the back of my closet.

It was her favorite frog bucket hat that she had lost years ago, but it surprisingly fit me! I placed it on top of my head and looked in the mirror. It was kinda contrasting with my outfit, but I didn't have anytime to change.

I limped as fast as I could out of my room and down the stairs and saw my dad glaring at me as I did so, "Let's get this over with..." he stated, walking faster than usual to the car.

My eyes widened at the sudden change in pace as I struggled to keep up with my father, "H-hey, can you...slow down...a bit?" I asked, struggling to catch my breath.

He gave me a side eye and grunted, "You'll be fine, it will be better for your endurance." He stated as if it were no big deal.

I sighed and continued at this pace until we reached the car, leaving me sweaty from my warm outfit choice, and exhausted. I struggled to climb into the minivan, but eventually I climbed in and winced as I sat back against the stiff car seat. My back ached like hell, but I wasn't about to show anymore weakness than I already have in front of this shit bag.

I held back my cries of pain as I buckled up. My dad could tell that I was holding something back, but ignored it and drove out of the driveway.

As we were driving through the streets, I saw smiling children about my age, with backpacks, holding hands with loving parents, wearing smiles on their faces. I knew that my siblings and I didn't go to public school because my family didn't want the paparazzi, but I never asked for all of this publicity to be brought to heroes! I never asked to be apart of Endeavor's family! I just want to be a normal kid who has normal parents and a normal life!