~ Chapter Twenty Seven ~

~ Shoto's POV ~

I slowly woke up from my nap and saw Fuyumi at the foot of my bed who looked like she had been crying, and dad who was sitting in the corner of the room, reading a book. I slowly looked around in confusion as the room I was in that was bright and sterile, nothing like my bedroom. I also noticed that my left leg was in a large cast and was being supported by a sling mounted from the ceiling.

My fuzzy memory had started to disappear as all of the memories from yesterday's events were all released into my mind almost simultaneously. I groaned at the sudden pain I was reliving from the car crash which caused Fuyumi to jolt up out of her crouched position and look at me with shock which soon faded into pure joy.

"Shoto!" She cried, leaping over to me, gently wrapping her arms around my shoulders, being careful not to hurt me, "I was so worried that you were never gonna wake up! The nurses who came in here told us that you haven't been awake since you arrived at the hospital! A day, Shoto!  A whole damn day I've been waiting for you to wake up!" She scolded, hugging me tighter.

I sighed at my sister's dramatics and gently removed her arms from me, "Thank you for the concern, but I believe that I will be fine." I blandly stated.

She sighed, "I-I know, it's just that your my baby brother and I don't want you to go and die on me! Y-you mean too much to me Shoto!" She exclaimed, her eyes glossed over with tears spilling down the sides of her face.

I slightly smiled and reached up to her face and wiped away her fallen tears, "I won't try to die on you! That would be traumatic! If I die with you close around though, I would try and die next to you, not on you!" I reassured.

She blinked a few times out of shock. Out of the corner of my eye, I could see my dad pinching the bridge of his nose and sighing heavily, sounding almost disappointed. My nose crinkled in disgust at his antics, what does he expect me to do? Die on her? That's not a very polite thing to do! 

My stream of thoughts were interrupted by the sudden sounds of laughter coming from my sister, "O-oh Sho! D-don't ever change! Y-you hear me?" She giggled.

I tilted my head in confusion, about to ask her to clarify, when I noticed that two certain people were missing from the room. My eyes searched around, trying to find any clues that might point where they might be.

I turned back to Yumi with even more confusion plastered on my face, "Where are Natsuo and (y/n)?" I asked.

She just shrugged, "I don't know really! They decided to stay back at home last night while Dad and I were here and Dad was kind enough to reserve a cab for them this morning to pick them up and bring them here, so they should've left about..." she paused to look down at her watch before continuing, "Twenty minutes ago! So they should be here any minute-"

She was cut of by the sound of my door being swung open, and (y/n) and Natsuo were there standing in the other side, with looks of pure horror plastered on their faces...

~ (y/n)'s POV ~

Once we had made our way through the maze that they call a hospital, we found the room number that Shoto was recovering in and eventually found the door. Before opening it, I looked over to Natsuo and gave him a nod as to ask if he was ready to go in. He replied with a slight nod and we both turned back to the door and took deep breaths, mentally preparing ourselves for the emotional scarring that we might revive in the moments to come.

I took one more deep breath before pushing the door open, my eyes immediately found Shoto and my eyes drifted to his leg and the cast that went above his knee. My eyes started to burn due to the tears coating them as all of the guilt I felt last night started to flood back in. I stumbled over to him and threw my arms around him, burying my face into the crook of his neck. He was shocked at my sudden out burst, but instantly hugged my back. I started to sob uncontrollably, shaking in his grasp.