~ Chapter Thirteen ~

~ (y/n)'s POV ~

As we were solemnly waiting around for dad to return, all I could wonder about was why he wanted to talk to me specifically about my quirk. 

Sure, he's done this in the past, but it was usually a checking during Shoto's and my training sessions. And the fact that he brought it up while we were saying our goodbye's to mom made it even more intriguing.

"Hey, (n/n)? Are you good?" Natsu asked, knocking me out of my daze.

"What?" I asked, not really hearing what her asked.

"I asked if you were okay. You zoned out there for a few minutes!" He exclaimed with a small smile.

I giggled, "I'm fine, Natsu. Just thinking..."

He nodded, and walked over to Fuyumi in the kitchen, leaving me and Shoto the only ones left in the commons.

I scooted over to where he was sitting, and started to fiddle with my hair. Shoto seemed to noticed this, and spoke up.

"Hey, what do you want to ask me?" He asked.

My eyes widened, "Wha-how did you-"

"You always play with you hair when something's on your mind." He bluntly stated.

I just blinked a few times in how observant he was! Even I didn't notice I did that!

"So," He coaxed, "What do you want to ask?"

I took a deep breath and looked at the floor, continuing to play with my hair, "So-um...why-why did you try and avoid mom? She was trying to say goodbye, and you just turned away..." 

His eyes widened, and he looked away, with a conflicted expression , "I just wanted some space from her after-um...last night happened..." He admitted, with shame threaded into his voice.

"I know it was selfish and I kind of regret it because I do love her, I was just a bit tense and wanted her to know that what she did was wrong. But that was very childish, and I'm a big kid, and big kids should know better." He stated.

I gave him a soft smile, and placed my hand loosely on top of his. I opened my mouth to say something, when I heard the front door slam open.

My head whipped around in that direction and my eyes widened in fear, when I saw my father glaring at me with his icy eyes. I gulped with worry as he started to make his way over to me and my brother.

When he finally came to us, he harshly gripped my wrist, leaving me to yelp at the sudden burst of pain. He started to drag me into the training room, causing me to trip and fumble behind in fear.

"W-what are we doing?" I asked, wondering why he dragged me here.

He took a deep breath, "I need to talk to you about your quirk." He simply stated.

I gave him a confused stare, "Why? Did I do anything wrong?" I asked, a bit worried.

His cold eyes widened, "No! It's just that I wanted to get to know your quirk a bit better, since all of you siblings have either had fire or ice quirks, in Shoto's case, he has both. But with you, I have never had to train anyone with a water quirk." He briefly explained.

I slowly nodded, comprehending what he had just told me, "So, um...what do you want to know?" I asked.

"Actually," He started, "I'm gonna be the one asking the questions." He blankly stated.

I guess that will work too...

"So, do you have control of when you activate your quirk?" He asked, sitting in front of me.

I thought for a quick second, "Well, most of the time, yes. But, it sometimes activates on its own." I answered.

He nodded and continued, "what are some side effects or things that happen to your appearance when you use your quirk?"

"Um, I know that the blue parts of my hair turn to a liquid, and that's pretty much it for my appearance. But for my side effects, my quirk uses the water from my body, so I get dehydrated quickly and I sometimes puke." I explained.

I could tell as I was explaining, that this whole listening thing was new to him. He was squirming and he had a strained face, trying to look interested in what I had to say. As much as I hate this man's guts, I'm glad he's trying.

"Well you should know, that just last night, when you involuntary activated your quirk, your eyes started to glow." He mentioned in his stoic voice.

My eyes widened at this statement, "My eyes do what now?" I was shocked, but also ecstatic!

"What color?" I pondered, bursting with joy.

"It's the same color as the tips of your hair." He stated as if my eyes starting to glow were nothing.

"Moving on," he said, changing the subject, "I don't know for sure, but I think you emotions tie to your quirk, meaning the stronger the emotion, the stronger your quirk is, but the harder it is for you to control it. You can tell me if I'm...wrong though."

I felt the corners of my mouth curl up, hearing him have to admit to himself the possibility of being wrong, "Now that I think about it, It makes sense! Because whenever I get really happy, really sad, or really mad, I notice little water streams dripping out out my hands. but they weren't ever as big as what had happened last night night." I recalled, reminding myself of past events.

With that, he stood up. Even though he was already a giant compared to me, this made me look like an ant.

"I think we need to get you in for some more training." He stated, "You and I both need a better understanding of your quirk so that we can make progress."

My heart sank a little, knowing that I was going to have to go through even more pain and suffering just to find out even just a hint more about my abilities. And knowing my dad, I know he's gonna do everything that he can to find every little last detail of my quirk, so him seeing me suffer from a little pain would only make him push me harder so that I could deal with the pain like it's no big deal.

Before he walked out of the room, I realized something that I really should've mentioned earlier, "Wait!" I called out.

He turned around with a look of confusion and annoyance mixed into one, "What is it, (y/n)?" He asked with a sigh.

"So-um...I still can't see..."

A/N

Hello hello my Bugaroos! I hope that you enjoyed this chapter! I'm trying to make Endeavor's redemption arc go along faster, but based on past chapters, do you really think I'm gonna go through with that? Fuck no! He's a piece of shit that deserves to rot in hell!

Anyways, pretty please make sure to vote, comment, add, and share this book with people who also have a burning hatred for Endeavor. I need some fellow Endeavor haters on my side, because all of the people who are MHA fans that I hang out with, just think he's misunderstood...Ha! They wish!

Please stay safe out in the world, and I love and appreciate you all more than you will ever know my Bugaroos! MWAH!