Chapter 2

Although they were shocked by the appearance of thr princess they can't help but admire her beauty.

They keep staring at the beautiful princess. The people of the palace wondered where she is all this time.

-Chapter 2: The princess is back the palace

AMARIS

Uncomfortable. That's the only thing I can say. My aunt—the duchess keeps staring at me like I am some painting in the museum.

The maids who brought all the desserts—they were all shocked. The knight is also shocked but he seems nice—he keeps smiling at me. Unlike my father who is sitting faraway from us.

"Lewis. She's your—," she looked at the man—probably making sure that she's not crossing the line. I am honestly surprise that she can call the emperor so casually.

"Yes. She's mine. Unless that child is your secret daughter," the heartless man answered. He knew that aunt can't have children—as far as I can remember.

We are currently in some office and I am currently munching on food. I've never eaten something like this even before my regression.

"You didn't tell me that the child is here," she sound irritated and I agree with her. Why?

"Hmmm. I don't have to tell anyone," he answered and what's with those emotionless expression?!

"Everything is yours. Eat slowly," she smiled at me. What an angel.

"I want to give Mau a cake. This is Lia's first time to eat this," I said while eating. This cake taste divine. I need to enjoy this kind of food—I deserve it.

She looked confused.

"What do you mean by that? You never ate cake like this?" She asked. I nodded. I can feel the sympathy—as they should. It's not like I'm lying. I am only saying the truth.

"Why did the maids never gave one?"

"No. Lia's poor, that's why she can't eat cake," I answered. Again, I answered truthfully. Our palace rarely received anything, we are technically poor. We don't even have enough maids to clean the whole place. There are only seven people there—including myself. The salary of my lovely people aren't enough. The reason they stay with me? Loyalty to my mother. Without them—I'm dead.

Literally forgotten.

That's right. That why these people need to pity me.

"No. That's not right! You are a princess, did your maids tell you that! They need to get punished," she almost sound mad.

"No! They didn't do anything wrong! It's the truth, if you punish them Lia will be alone. Lia didn't have anyone but them."

For some reason I started tearing up. Maybe because although I plan to do everything in order for these people to notice me. I never stop saying the truth.
I am poor. It's the truth.

Those maids? They are the only ones that I have—it's the truth.
What else is the truth? My life sucked? Yes, but was before. I am not going to let that happen again.

"Lia. You didn't know who your father is?" She asked.

"Lia didn't have a father. But Lia's have a mom—she's dead."

Lia here. Lia there. I am going to throw up.

Then suddenly the man stood up from his seat and walks towards me. He then patted my head. What is wrong with him?!

"You didn't know that I am your father?" He asked as he looked directly in my eyes. I gulped and shake my head. This man is terrifying. I heard the rumors that he is a ruthless man. Heck, I even experience it.

"Hmmm. Looks like my daughter needs to know me better," he said.

Ah. I guess my plan succeeds?