Chapter 14

THIRD PERSON'S POV

"Everything needs to be perfect!" The Marquess said. She's been busy for the whole month preparing for the day she will introduce Genenvieve.

"Tomorrow will be the Debutante. I want each one of you to make sure that Genenvieve will be the prettiest," she told the servants.

"Yes. Marquess."

"Will I be able to meet my father tomorrow?" The girl asked.

"Yes. That's why you need to be perfect in everyone's eye, especially the Emperor. Remember, tomorrow everything will change."

The marquess then continue to give the servants instruction. She wanted to make sure that no one will make a mistakes, especially her ward. The girl they've been taking care of since she was young. The one who will help them achieve more.

The Emperor will surely grant them everything because they raise his only daughter. Something, he never done.

And the nobles will surely be on their sides of their realized that her family will become more powerful because of the princess.

"Those nobles will witness everything. I wanted to see everyone's faces. Especially the duchess," the marquess laughed.

"About the duchess," the butler stopped talking. He's contemplating if he's going to continue or not.

"What?" The marquess asked looking annoyed.

"I heard the Duchess ordered a dress for the Debutante," the butler answered.

"Of course she will. The Duchess will attend the debutante, what's new?" The marquess looked at the butler, irritated.

Everyone knew that the Duchess enjoys banquets and parties. That made her more excited, she wanted the duchess to be on her side and if the duchess knew of her niece, she will surely be thankful to them.

"No. That's not what I mean," the butler said. He gulped when the marquess glared at him.

"Then explain."

"She ordered a dress for a young girl. That's what I heard," he said.

"Why would she do that? Did she have a ward?" She asked.

"Not that I heard of. No one knew but I think, it's a mistake from the dressmaker. Since a lot of girls ordered a dress?" The butler explained. He didn't know why he sounds like making an excuse or he's probably just afraid of her wrath.

"It could be. You know the duchess, she always wanted to be the best in everything."

Meanwhile. Genenvieve keeps staring at her dress. It arrived three days before the debutante ball.

She heard that the Emperor made this debutante ball more grand than the previous ones. She can't help but to think that it is because of her.

Ever since she found out that she is a princess, she always wanted to live at the palace and have more amazing dresses, not to mention more servants. She hated studying but she did her best for her father but she knows that if she got introduced no one can force her to study.

"I am so excited for tomorrow," she smiled.

Her debutante dress is the most beautiful dress she have ever seen and she hopes everyone will be on awe when they see her. That no dress can win against her, after all she is the princess.

•°•°•°•☆•°•°•°•

"What's with that frowning look?" Mythos asked when he saw Amaris looking at the window.

"I heard the servants. There are rumors that the duchess ordered a dress for someone and you know who's someone is that right? What if that rumor will be a big problem for me?"

"Did your dad think it as a problem?" Mythos asked.

"No. He said, everything will be okay."

"See. He even made the debutante more grand than the previous ones and you know that it's for you," he assured.

"Thanks. You know. I felt like, he's even more excited than me," Amaris said laughing.

"He is," Mythos agreed.

"I need to make sure that everything will be okay tomorrow. No matter what happened, the nobles need to know who I am," Amaris said with conviction.

•°•°•°•☆•°•°•°•

"How's everything?" The Emperor asked the knight.

"Everything's fine, Your Majesty." Ervis said smiling.

Ervis is happy that their young princess is finally having her debutante. She is truly growing up well. He can definitely see how the Emperor shows his love towards his daughter. He gives her everything. In fact, more than she asked for.

He even made this year's debutante grander for his daughter. Of course no one knew about that, but tomorrow everything will change. Because, because the princess will be formally introduced to the society as his one and only true heir to the throne.

And whoever ruin his daughter's night will receive sever punishment.