Chapter 7

AMARIS

"Be careful," my father when he saw running. It's been two months and he started to come to my palace every two days. I hope the workers didn't notice anything suspicious.

"Daddy! Are we going to eat together?" I asked him. He just nodded and look at the maids.

After that they brought a lot of foods in my playroom. My suggestion.

"Lia's happy that Daddy's here!" I exclaimed and I hope that our relationship will continue like this. Even when the fake princess comes.

"You like your playroom this much? Maurice said you spend most of your time here," he said looking at me. Now, I felt uncomfortable. Why he's not eating?

"If Lia have a teacher. Lia will spend her time studying. Etiquette too. Lia needs some etiquette. Mau already taught some but Lia needs more."

I don't understand what I am saying.

"I see. Your aunt will come here soon. She will be teaching you etiquette. However, you need to wait for the other teachers. I am still looking for them. I need someone that I can trust," he said.

"Daddy, eat!" I reminded him. He needs to eat to be healthy and I need to act like a concern, adorable daughter.

"I am eating. Finish your food," he answered.

"Lia's done," I said while pouting. This body is too small and it wants to sleep already. Kids really needs to nap.
After some eating and playtime. My father just looks at me while playing when he decides it's time for me to take a nap. He brings to my room and stay there. As I close my eyes, I heard him talk.

"Do you know why your mother died? Because she's too kind."

That's it. Silence followed then I heard him closed the door and because of that I can't sleep.

"What did he mean by that?" I asked Raya but she didn't answer. Maybe of Anais is here, she might answer my questions related to my mother. Mau would never answer, she will only say that I am too young.

"Unfair." I lay myself in bed and close my eyes. These people and me being small annoyed me sometimes.

THIRD PERSON'S POV

"We need to find the princess suitable teachers as soon as possible. I can see the boredom in her eyes," the emperor said while writing. He never leave his sight on the paper.

"I heard the princess wanted to learn some magic. Why not the magician of the temple? The head magician, he's been loyal to the Empire for so long," the knight suggested.

"Call him, secretly. Everything about the princess should be in secrecy," he ordered. The knight bowed to the emperor before leaving.

"I wonder what he's thinking?" The knight asked to himself.

Soon the knight was able to reach the tower and immediately call the head magician. The head magician looked like he didn't sleep for days and it made the knight worried about the princess.

"The emperor is calling for you. We'll send a carriage soon," the knight said he then noticed the young child in the magician's back, hiding like a scared child.

He could be a good companion to the princess. The knight thought, it's like hitting two birds with one stone. He knew about the princess' boredom these days and a friend would lessen it.

"Bring that child too," he ordered. The magician didn't have a chance to argue because the knight immediately vanished.

"The emperor needs us," the magician whispered to the child.

"I heard him," he said looking outside the tower.

The young boy is barely five but he acted like an adult. The magicians in the tower are always amazed by him.

"It must be good to go outside this boring tower," the young boy said.

•°•°•°•☆•°•°•°•

"You're the magician?" The emperor titled his head, examining the two people in front of him. They are now in the emperor's office in his palace. The two magician bowed to the emperor.

"I have a work for you," the emperor said. His eyes looking intensely to the head magician.

"Anything for your majesty," the head magician said. Although he felt a little terror in his body, he tried his best not to show it.

"First. I need you to add protection to Raya's Palace. The stronger the better." Although confused, he nodded. He doesn't have the right to question the emperor's order.

"Second. I want you to each my daughter all the things you know. Everything."

The magicians eyes widened. He never heard about a princess, this is his first time hearing.

"Of course. Your Majesty," he answered.

"The existence of my daughter is kept secret. The both of you need to keep your mouth shut, unless your asking for your early death."

"Of course. Your Majesty, we will keep it as a secret," the head magician answered.

"For now, you will need to vacant your position. Both of you will live in the Jaran's Palace starting tomorrow."

"Yes. Your Majesty," the head magician answered again. He didn't dared to complain. After all, this is a good opportunity for him and it's a great honor to help the imperial family.

"And this child is he your son?" The emperor asked while looking at the young child.

"No. Your Majesty, he is someone's child and I am just raising him," he answered.

"I see. It's Ervis suggestion but that child can be my daughter's companion," he said while pointing to the smiling knight.

"It will be a great honor. Your Majesty," the young boy answered with politeness.

"It's good. It seems, the child knows some etiquette, it will surely helps the princess!" Ervis exclaimed.

"Both of you can go now," the emperor ordered. The two of them bowed before exiting the door.

"Keeping the daughter's existence as a secret? Interesting," the young boy said.

"Keep your mouth shut!" The head magician said in a whisper.

"I know."

"Let's go. We're going to the Jaran's palace tomorrow," the magician said. The young boy sighed when he noticed how excited the head magician.

"I wonder what the girl looks like?" The young boy said in a whisper.