Chapter 16

THIRD PERSON'S POV

The Marquess and Genenvieve ended up going home early. She wanted to think about her next moves. Her plan is ruined and she needs to think of a way for the Emperor to at least know Genenvieve's existence.

"Who's that girl, aunt?" Genenvieve asked. She's been questioning her aunt about the princess and she knew that her aunt talked to the Emperor before deciding to go home.

"You heard the Emperor," the marquess said.

"But you said I am his daughter!" The girl screamed at her, she couldn't accept what has happened in front of her.

"That's why the Emperor will never accept you. Have you seen yourself?! You just have your debutante and yet you're still acting like a child. Did you see the girl? She's so graceful, acting like a true princess. Look at you!" The marquess scolded the girl.

She can't introduced Genenvieve with this personality, especially seeing the princess. She's way ahead of Genenvieve, compare to her ward, the princess is truly amazing.

It seems like everyone accepted her already. Of course they will, she looked a lot like the Empress. There's no doubt that she is their daughter. The true princess.

But who is this girl that they took care of? How come she have golden eyes too and why did the Emperor only introduced the princess at the debutante. But it seems the duchess knew about their existence.

The two of them kept their silence until they reached the manor. Genenvieve immediately went to her room and went to sleep she didn't even change her clothes. Hoping that everything will change.

Genenvieve woke up early. She decided to go outside to breath some fresh air. She enjoys walking at the garden, it made her feel better.

"Did you hear that the Emperor introduced the princess at the debutante and it's not Lady Genenvieve!"

Genenvieve hides so she can hear the two servants talking.

"I thought Lady Genenvieve is the Emperor's daughter. What happened?" One of the servant asked.

"Who knows but they said the princess looked like the Empress and her golden eyes are shining!" Another one answered.

"Really? Come to of it. Lady Genenvieve don't have any resemblance with the Empress or the Emperor. But her golden eyes," the servant said confused.

"Well. There are people who have yellow eyes. It is easy to make a mistake, besides I heard that Lady Genenvieve's eyes are dull compare to the princess. And it was the Emperor who introduced the princess, you can't say that he made a mistake right?" The laughed at the thought.

Genenvieve felt the emotion inside her, she couldn't understand what's happening in her life. She should be in the palace now. Living the life of a princess. Having a loving father that will spoil her with everything but no. Someone else took her place and everyone believed her.

Genenvieve never meet her mom, the former Empress. She believed that the Empress was her mother because that was everyone is saying but the truth is she didn't know what her mother looked like and she is scared that everyone might be right, that the girl look like the Empress. It will be a big problem for her.

•°•°•°•☆•°•°•°•

"Why not go and tell father the truth. Let's just say that I am his real daughter," Genenvieve suggested.

"Are you stupid? And what do you want me to say, that the Emperor is wrong? You are the reason why I can't introduced you, no one wants a stupid princess!" The marquess scolded the girl. Genenvieve didn't argue, she looked down in the verge of crying.

She knew that she is not stupid. She's just desperate, she's been dreaming her debutante for so long and thought that everything will be perfect.

"It's that girl's fault," she mumbled.

"We don't have a choice. Let me think of a way, it's impossible that you are not the Emperor's daughter. Look at your eyes," the marquess said. Genenvieve smiled at the thought.

Her aunt won't lie to her and of course her eyes explained everything. That she is a princess and no one change that. She will be introduce soon and her father will love her unconditionally.

Everyone will do the same, she will live in a palace where there are lots of servants and beautiful dresses. Much better than what she wears. It's going to happen, all she have to do is to wait.

"Don't worry. Everything is going to be okay," assured the marquess. Genenvieve believe her aunt, she hugged her and take her leave.

"I just need to wait," she said while looking at the mirror.

"I am the princess and no one else is," she added.

•°•°•°•☆•°•°•°•

A/N

Do you feel bad about Gen? I am having a hard time writing(or typing)her name lol.
Anyway, soon you will not.

The plot of this story is simple(I guess?) and direct. I already gave the good guys and the bad guys. The ML too.

Unless. I decided to change everything at the middle of the story? Who knows.