Chapter 22

AMARIS

According to the book, that girl should already be here doing some princess things. Currently she's not here but I don't want to let my guard down.

"It's not following the book," I said. I am in my bed resting. I need some strength for the temple this afternoon.

"Of course. You already change everything," Mythos said. He's on the sofa eating...again.

"I know that but the ending still unknown," I sighed. I still don't know what's going to happened. I don't want to leave this beautiful room, it's huge and there's lot of crystals and gold designs. And I want the only princess or prince that will leave in this palace are my future children, then grandchildren, then great grandchildren.

I'm already used in this life. What can I do? I deserve this life?

"Let's go to the temple." I stand up and grabbed Mythos hand.

"Wait. I thought, it's the afternoon?"

"Yes. But I can't wait," I said.

Mythos is the one who helped me teleport. I can do that too, using magic but I don't have to because Mythos is here and I nees to preserve my mana. How about my power evanescent? Well, I can only use it of I know the place. Since, I don't know where the temple is, I can't use it. It is annoying but I get used to it.

"Wait outside," I whispered to Mythos.

The temple is bigger than I imagine. I am wearing a cloak with a hood on...Raya's advice. She said to keep walking and I will meet the people who will be on my side.

"Who are you?!" I heard someone from behind.

"Ummm," I don't know what to say. So, I removed the hood on my head. I saw his shocked face.

"You're here. I've been waiting for you,"  I heard another man's voice. I looked everywhere and I found him walking towards me.

I didn't him notice him. Who is this person?!

"Really?"

"Yes. I saw Goddess Raya in my dreams. She told me about you and don't worry the temple will always be on your side," he said while smiling.

Yeah. Right, but you let me die before. Why everyone is saying they are on my side whilst they let me die before?! What kind of mistake happened?

"You know everything?" I asked. He nodded.

"I am the High Priest. Joseam," he finally introduced himself.

"I am..Lia," I don't if I should say my full name to him.

"Of course. I know you, princess. You look like your mother," he said.

Yeah and no one noticed it before. I'm starting to get annoyed honestly.

"Are you really on my side?" I wanted make sure. He didn't answer, he just walk away and I don't have a choice but to follow him.

We ended up in a room. A big room and in a middle, there was a painting of a beautiful woman. Of course, I know who she is.

Raya. She have a long straight blonde hair and a green eyes. Suddenly my necklace glowed. I forgot that I have it. Raya told me to wear, her gift for my 14th birthday.

"She truly gave you her blessing," the high priest said.

"I guess, you're right. But what's with the necklace?" I asked. Maybe, he can answer.

"For protection and a symbol that you are her chosen one," the high priest said. It sounds like a stressful job.

"Will I be okay?"