Chapter 34

AMARIS

What can I say other than they are pretty intimidating. Dad smiled as he walks towards them.

"Emperor Lewis. It's been so long!" A young man hug him and it made everyone gasped. Yep. Aliabian people were out of this world. I see the Duke of Forleam walks towards them and bow, again, it made everyone gasped.

"I greet you Prince of Aliabina," he said. Everyone started whispering.

"Lindon! It's been so long," the prince said happily as he hug uncle. His gaze suddenly fell into me, he then smiled. This time his smile has a hint of sadness.

"You look like your mother. Can I hug you?" He said. I just nodded, he hugged me tight.

"W-What is the meaning of this?" The Marquess stuttered with her question.

"What do you mean? They are the late Empress' family! And the envoy for Aliabina Empire. It's like hitting with two birds and one stone!" My aunt happily said. She looked terrified.

"Is there something wrong?" A young girl asked. She's probably the same age as me, she looked at me and wave. I back waved at her.

"I am the Empress' real daughter!" Genenvieve said as she pushed me aside. If there's only two of us, I am going to punch her face.

"Who is this brazen child? What an embarassment. Is she your other child Lewis? Don't tell me you have another woman other than my sister? Did you know my sister sacrifice alot just for you?" Everyone gasped because of that. I heard my family back there are very straightforward.

"Nonsense. I will never do that to her. I don't know this child," Dad said.

"B-But I am her real daughter! Why no one else wants to believe me?! This girl is fake," she claimed as points at me.

"What a good fake she is. She looked like my sister, she have the same imperial mana as her. And I can feel my sister's power within her. How about you who are claiming her real daughter, you are nothing alike, not even a slight power within you. And you have a black hair, something our family will never had. Unless you're curse? That's right, you might be curse," My Aliabina uncle smirked.

"I-I'm not curse!" She cried.

"Uncle. This is aunt's birthday celebration, maybe we should talked it out later?" I suggested.

"Hmmm. But I am enjoying this," he said. Raya once said our bloodline were quite a troublemaker. I guess, this is it.

"Don't worry. Everything's fine," my aunt agreed.

"Stop it Uncle," the young girl said. If he called her uncle, then it means she's my cousin.

"Everything will be resolve once the two entered the temple," the Marquess smiled. Obviously, she's still terrified.

"Wow. So, you can't trust the word of the Emperor. That's scary. Do you really need the temple to answer your question? Just one look, I know who is my sister's daughter. You see, we can feel it deep inside our soul. How about you, why you're questioning it because you raised the girl in hoping to raise your rank? That won't happen, the Emperor is not like that," My Aliabina uncle said while laughing. The Marquess trembled in fear.

"It's time for the food," I whispered to my Dad. Let's end this here, I am hungry.

It's a good thing that we made this celebration grand. Everyone started eating, I noticed that the two...I mean the Marquess and Genenveive are not here. They were going to be the talk of the town. I saw a man, talking to the Marquess, if my memories are right...he is a Count. He might an enemy, what are they planning?

"It was the best birthday ever," my aunt whispered to me. She did enjoy everything huh.

After the celebration we ended up at Dad's office, everyone is silent and it's giving me headache.

"F-Father listen to me. I am your daughter," Genenveive suddenly spoke. I almost jumped, honestly I am dozing off. Pretty surprised from her voice. I saw dad smirked, he's looking at me. Can I just go?

"Never call me father again. And besides, we've been asking about your proof," Dad said he look annoyed.

"M-My eyes!" She said.

"Stupid answer. Amaris have the same golden eyes, and much vibrant too!" My Aliabina uncle said.

"T-That's black magic!" She suggested.

"Hmmm. Marquess, what can you say?" Dad asked her.

Would black magic affect me? Not much, but if use black magic. I might die because our divine soul that came from her. Last minute teaching, courtesy of Raya.

"How can we be so sure that you are not the one using black magic?" My aunt asked Genenvieve.

"I am sure," she whispered.

"Marquess. I am waiting for an answer," Dad said in a very scary tone.

"I am sure. Someone left a message in our doorstep, she already have the golden eyes. It says that the princess life is in danger and we have to keep her safe! Besides we don't know when Princess Amaris came to the Palace or if she really grew up there. We are not sure about her upbringing!" The Marquess said. Ah, of course she didn't know.

"Who said my daughter didn't grew up in the Palace. And of course, I know her upbringing. Where do you heard those rumors? You have a title yet you easily believe in nonsense rumors," Dad said smirking.

"I mean. We are not sure about her. How can we be so sure if she really is the Princess. I am sure His Majesty didn't saw the Empress when she gave birth," The Marquess said in a low voice.

"Of course. I did," Dad said and it made everyone's eyes widened.

"What?" I said. I covered my mouth trying to avoid everyone's gazed.

"I am there when the Empress gave birth. Why do you think I am so sure that Lia is my daughter?" He said. He looked proud to say that but according to the rules, the Emperor can't enter the chambers when the Empress is giving birth.

"But—"

"I am the Emperor. I can do whatever I want," Dad didn't let the Marquess speak. My Aliabina uncle just laughed.

"Daddy? Are you really there?" I asked him.

"Yes. You were very small back then," he smiled at me. A very warm smile, it feels like he's reminiscing about the past.

I looked at the Marquess and Genenvieve. That could be a big blow to them.