Chapter 17

AMARIS

"What are you thinking?" Raya asked me.

"Nothing. Just thinking about Duke Forleam. I didn't know that he's that nice. He said that he's on my side," I answered.

"Of course. He's from Aliabina. When he said that he's on your side. He meant that. He's on your side."

That surprised me. It seems that there are a lot of things that I didn't know about.

"How did he became a duke here?" I asked.

"Because of the war. His parents went here as a refugee and soon they became a citizen. Because of them working hard, they rose and receive the title as a duke. But they never forget where they come from. Long story short, his family will always be loyal to the Empress and her daughter. The Emperor, as long as he's a good ruler and more importantly, a good father to you."

Raya and even Mau always told me about Aliabina's loyalty. They are crazy about loyalty, they die for us. I don't know why but it has something to do with a war. I wanted to know but I have my own problems.

"I see. So, I can trust him." Raya nodded of course, she is still in Rey's body that I am afraid that everyone will think that I am childish.

"Anyway. I wonder what happened to that girl, when I saw her, the eyes are not golden unlike before," I wanted to make sure if I am seeing things right.

"Must be magic. You can buy magic artifacts easily," Mythos said. I am not even surprised that he suddenly appeared in front of me.

"You're right. Surprises are fun, must be part of their plan," I sighed. Everything's boring. Mau didn't wake me up, that's why I woke up late. She said dad ordered it and I am not allowed to go outside because of my swollen feet.

"Are you bored?" Mythos asked. I just nodded as an answer..

"I wanted to know their plans," I said. Honestly, I asked Anais to do that but it seems like they are silent until now. I mean, the debutante happened last night but I thought they will make a move today.

Most probably they are afraid of Dad. It's not like they can say that the Emperor made a mistake (which he did back then). Saying that to the Emperor is terrifying, though I wanted to say that he did made a mistake.You know, the mistake that cause my life.

People might say, I need to move-on but it's my life you know. That girl was me and she was executed.

"Can you heal me?" I asked Mythos because I know Raya would not help.

"Yes. But I am not a doctor or a priest. So, stop asking me this type of things," he said that but he started healing me.

Come to think of it. I need the temple on my side too. Those people might be a big problem for me.

"The temple. I need them," I mumbled.

"Can you relax a bit?" He said.

"I will," I argued. He looks worried. I can't help but to smile whenever I see his worried look.

"Then be lazy just for today. I will help you don't worry," he insisted. I don't have a choice. I have a feeling that he's going to tell my dad about my stupid plans.

THIRD PERSON'S POV

"How's my daughter?" The Emperor asked the knight. He's worried about her since her became swollen after the debutante.

"Ms. Mau said she is fine," Ervis answered.

"I shouldn't have let her dance if I knew that this is going to happen," The Emperor said.

"But the princess enjoy her debutante. That's what's important."

"You're right. And it's a good thing that the marquess didn't get a chance to talk to her," the Emperor's mood suddenly changed and the knight noticed it.

"Did she say something?" Ervis asked.

"She's talking nonsense about a possibilty of another child. If Lia didn't come, I might even kill her."

"I wonder why would she say that?" Ervis muttered under her breath.

"It's obvious that she's planning something. If it is to hurt my daughter, I am going to make sure that she will never see the light of day again," the Emeperor assured the knight.

Ervis knew what the Emperor can do, especially when it is about his daughter. He can kill for her and for her happiness and Ervis is willing to do everything to help the Emperor.

AMARIS

"The invitations for tea parties are slowly arriving," Abygail said, one of my most loyal servants. She smiled at me while fixing my hair.

"There's a lot, are you saying there's a lot to come?" I asked. Of course, I never experienced this kind of thing so, I am not sure.

"Of course! They wanted to invite the only princess of Xeiraya," she said happily.

"Can I say no to some of them or do I have to accept every single one of them?" I asked because I am not entirely sure.

"You are the princess. You can say no to every single one of them," she assured me. But they might think bad of me. I guess, what I need is a plan.

People I truly wanted to be friends with. I wanted nice people. I don't have any plans on using any of them but I want kind people to be friends with.

"I am still not sure who to accept," I sighed. There are too many of them.

"You can asked Your Majesty for that," she suggested.

She's right. Dad might gave me a good answer. I need to go see him. Since, he already introduced me, I can now wander around the place whenever I want.

"I should go and see Dad," I said.

I am excited to see him today. I honestly wanted to talk to him about the debutante, he really made my day!

"Be careful, princess!" Abygail said.

"I will. Thank you," I said.