Chapter 23

AMARIS

The reason why I wanted to learn magic because I don't want to be dependent with these powerful being beside me but then I am not stong enough. I can't even hold a sword properly, I officially gave up my dream to be a sword master. Turned out Ervis is a sword master and laughed at me whenever I held a sword.

My enemy is that girl, and she didn't know anything. I am still at the advantage. The only problem is what Raya told me about saving the Empire or something. How come a weak princess do that. I am smart, is that enough?

"I don't want to be dependent to you guys," I sighed.

"It's my job to fight for you," Anais said. We are all sitting in my bed, except for Mythos who is sleeping on the sofa.

"I know that but if I continue being dependent...I will get weaker."

"No your wont," Mythos said. I thought he was sleeping.

"I'm done studying but I asked Dad if I can get some tutors. I just want to test myself," I said.

The head magician is my teacher and Dad too, but I want someone different. Those like me so much that I am afraid that they are lying to me. Besides, I am this smart because I have an adult mind. If not, I will end up like that girl.

I started reading the book again. Turned out her name is Genenvieve Kieros...maybe I am that mad. I didn't even bother to know her name.

She's lovely and I have to admit that she's pretty too. Beautiful or not, good or evil...people need to stay on their place. They have their on life, better not steal other people's lives when you have your own.

Now. I am not sure if she knows that she's fake or not, but in the end I don't know anything either. We're the same but I died and she's not, that's not fair.

I will accept it if Dad throw me out somewhere...someplace with the people I love. But no. That guy killed me. And it's those people.

Forgiveness? Who knows. I didn't even know how my tragedy happened.

"I don't want to die Mythos. Why did they kill me anyway? What did I do wrong?" I ended up crying.

"Are you crying?!" He said. It's obvious that he didn't know what to do. He hates it when I cry.

"I just want to know the real reason why. And how they felt after I die. Maybe they are happy?" I said. He wiped my tears and hugged me tight.

"I will never let anyone hurt you," he whispered.

"I want to fight them head on," I whispered back.

Right. Maybe punching someone? She's a girl without training. I can punch her in face, just once. Let me punch everyone who hurt me.

"Sleep first," he said. For some reasons, I suddenly feel sleepy. I closed my eyes for a bit. Maybe, I need to rest.

•°•°•°•☆•°•°•°•

When I opened my eyes, it's already dark outside. Why did I cry anyway? I made everyone worried.

I decided to go to my private library and read. Every month, new books are being delievered here. As much as I wanted to read them all...I am just too busy.

Even if that girl ended up getting introduced as a princess. I won't let her be the crown princess, her way thinking is not suited for leadership. That's one of my plans...I need a lot of plans because I can't see the future unlike someone here.

Raya can see the future. Of course, what do I expect to a Goddess? But she would never tell me my future. Just continue your path, she said. Well, my path is rocky. I might even trip.

In my garden, there's a flower that glows every night. It's called midnight rose. I love looking at it, my mother loves this flower.

My mother. I never knew her. I only heard stories about her. I wanted to meet her. When I was in jail, I used to pray a lot...just to see her but until my execution...she didn't show up.

I wonder if she hates me too?

This life is a lot different than before, one thing that never changed was my mom's death. I don't want to say it's unfair, because the Gods and Goddess gave me another chance and not everyone is given a chance.

I wanted my life to be different.